Post Solutions to fix My very slow

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Luis G. Hernandez, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Luis G. Hernandez macrumors newbie

Hello! New to the forums here...

I am looking for answers and what I can possibly do to increase my macs performance its very slow...
    I have a macbook pro 15 inch mid 2010 4 gigs of ram 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5 everything stock. It seems tome that as Apple products age they tend to get slower like the same thing as iphones.

Anyways post info on what ram or hardware is the best for optimizing this machines performance

2. bibyfok macrumors 6502

bibyfok

Just add a SSD and you will have a brand new computer. That easy !

3. Jozone macrumors 6502

Quoted for truth! While you're at it grab 8gb of memory. All in, I'd say you could have 256gb of SSD storage and 8gb of Ram for < $200.

4. bibyfok macrumors 6502

bibyfok

In France, you can have a 256gb ssd for 80-100€ max and 8gb of ram is about 50€ so go for it and you will think to be in the futur of modern computing ;)

5. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Your hard drive is probably dying, especially if you are getting a lot of beach balls.

First things first back it up no to an external if you haven't already done so.

As the others say, throw in an SSD and it'll fly add some RAm and it'll be better for multitasking.

6. Crzyrio macrumors 65816

+1000 get an SSD and itll feel like you just bought it

7. snaky69 macrumors 603

A laptop that age that suddenly starts to be real slow?

Sounds like a dying hard drive to me. Keep a good backup just in case. A RAM and SSD swap would do wonders for performance.