Post videos recorded with your iPod with the Wi-Fi on and off.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fel10, Sep 11, 2010.

1. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

2. sarmo187 macrumors member

3. fel10 thread starter macrumors 68000

fel10

Oops, my bad, fixed. BTW, why does the video quality looks so crappy??? Am I doing something wrong??? I know there's not a lot of light, but it looks pretty bad!

4. Ballingbrad23 macrumors newbie

5. androiphone macrumors 65816

WTF are you talking about, you didnt take vids of the exact same thing, that alone can be the reason of the difference in quality.

the wifi off one is poor because of the bright monitor light at the right

EDIT: OH your talking about some clicking not the vid quality, my mistake but you should prob clarify that it's the sound your looking out for not the vid quality

6. Aero26 macrumors regular

Looks considerably worse off. Or does it just not handle the auto-exposure of the light as well?

7. Derwinator macrumors member

Derwinator

Same here...

I was able to recreate the problem as well. Looks like a problem with the WiFi circuit bleeding some radio frequency interference into the microphone circuit. Not sure if Apple is going to be able to fix this with a iOS update or not.

der

8. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

I took a video with Wi-Fi on in a quiet place, turned up the volume to 6(I normally listen at 3), and now I hear the clicking. I took a video with Wi-Fi off, and there's no clicking. Looks like I have the problem too. I also found that the clicking goes faster while doing the "tap to exposure" feature. No editing on the video(except the YouTube compression of course).

Wi-Fi on:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFSV94mS0Q4
    Wi-Fi off:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBoMa7ZvjVA