Post what you bought on Black Friday 2015!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jonpeter, Nov 26, 2015.

1. jonpeter macrumors member

2. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Does this only apply to the actual Black Friday or the sometimes weeklong sales as well?

3. Jessica08 macrumors regular

Jessica08

We are buying my mom an iPad Pro. Should be ordering it this weekend. Can't wait for her to see it Christmas morning.

4. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Still a few hours to Black Friday, but Evernote is offering everything in their store at 50%. I have been watching their Triangle Commuter bag for 2 years, but refused to spend $200 on it. But for 50%...it's mine!

5. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

bought new tires for the car yesterday. came with an unexpected $100 rebate, so i'm happy. i also picked up an ipad pro (not on sale) but i had a 10% coupon combined with discover's cash back deal, so it was actually not bad out the door.

6. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

I'm just thrilled to report after a comprehensive physical exam, it turns out I'm normal.

Even living amongst throngs of obsessive compulsive shoppers in my region, my complete lack of desire to shop on Black Friday has been ruled as unique but _not_ abnormal

:D

7. djjclark macrumors regular

Apple TV 64 gb at Target $163 including Tax. Amazing number of people in front of me that had no idea on the specifics of what they wanted to buy, color, size, etc.

8. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

[​IMG]

11.6" Lenovo Ideapad 100S laptop for $130 ($70 off) for my parents. They needed a portable Facebook, Skype machine and they don't like tablets so this fits the bill.

9. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I used a 50% off coupon on Google Play Music for an album and bought a $0.99 discounted app I was going to buy eventually. Pleased with myself, heh. :D

10. samiwas macrumors 65816

Completely normal. I have no desire to go race against hundreds of people trying to score cheap TVs and whatever other junk. My ex is one of those "I leave the house at 5pm on Thanksgiving and don't come home until lunch on Friday" types. Insane.

11. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I'm going to buy two tokens for the driving range ... and maybe a beer for after.

12. smallcoffee macrumors 6502a

Bought some work clothes and Christmas presents. IF they're going to be on sale, might as well!

13. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

I didn't go out, just sat at home and checked in on Amazon.

Picked up a Logitech Harmony remote to finally tie together all the AV stuff we have in the family room. Not looking forward to setting it up, but will be glad to finally ditch the 6 different remotes about.

Also picked up a Kindle Fire 7 through Prime Now. Figured I would try it out. For the price it's really good, much better than I thought. Only real disappointment is the lack of the Google Play store which apparently I can add back in somehow. It has highlighted just how good the screens I normally use are though.

14. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Ended up buying three tokens, and smacked them pretty solidly.

Passed on the beer, though.

15. smallcoffee macrumors 6502a

I get frustrated at the consumerism fetish though. Just saying. Stores having "pre black friday" sales, opening up ON THANKSGIVING. Come on.

16. Jessica08 macrumors regular

Jessica08

At Target, we got $300 worth of iTunes gift cards for $245. They had buy one get one 30% off then we used our Target card to get even more % off. Great deal I think.

17. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Glad you enjoyed it. It was in the teens all day here with snow flurries for most of the day. I didn't even go out shopping.

18. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

House supplies so mom doesn't have to buy them.

And one of mom's early christmas presents (I always pay a bill for her + something else.) The something else are books of stretching / exercises for the neck might help a little bit with the pain issues she's been dealing with the past two years.

For me: A light martial arts how to dvd for me (supposively a simpler variant of Tai Chi) and another Chan Wai Man movie. :) Priorities. :p

19. Huntn, Nov 28, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2015

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Bostitch pancake compressor and pneumatic nailer combo pack as a gift. $199. $50 off, if items purchased separately, about $450. I believe the sale on this is good for a couple more days. Also 3 pair of pants and 3 shirts at Kohls! But took no part in standing out in the cold at 5am. Mosied into the store about 11am. :)

[​IMG]

20. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I picked up a 3.3GHz/M395 5k iMac in Black Friday. It wasn't because of any deals, but rather I was ready to buy it then and my schedule was such that Friday was the best day to do this.

21. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

Nothing, didn't go out shopping. I'm with @smallcoffee the consumerism creeping into Thursday is sickening.

I was reading a response to a local TV station's Facebook post asking if the sales starting on Thursday were watering down the Black Friday concept, the person actually said something like "we do Thanksgiving early so I was able to get out shopping". Umm, Thanksgiving isn't a MEAL, sure that's part of it, but it's spending the day with your family, reflecting on what you have and appreciating it.

22. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I can't speak for every location, but I was surprised to see Thursday evening as I was heading home from the family, that the local target and walmarts were not very busy. As I mentioned I went to the mall Friday to get my iMac and it was not busy - at least not to the level I was expecting. I think the deals on black Friday are so understated many people didn't make it out. I hope that starts a trend of keeping stores closed on Thanksgiving.

23. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

That was a similar situation in the Detroit area too according to my local news station who were on location at several malls and department stores.. Not as many people crowding the stores this year.

Then I saw on NBC Nightly News the same story there at the national level. It was likely due to more of us shopping online this time.

24. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Not sure how it went here because the weather was crappy - low teens and light snow all day.

Stayed home, ordered some clothes online for my son, and bought a tv from CostCo.com.

25. macuser27 macrumors regular

macuser27

I didn't get a chance to get out as been to busy at work :oops: My Missus on the other hand as picked up most of the kids presents so not all bad ;)