Post WWDC thoughts on yearly iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by troop231, Jun 8, 2010.

1. troop231 macrumors 603

Seems like once a year may not cut it anymore for iPhone changes, no? Chime in here for thoughts. :)

2. omizzle macrumors regular

I can see why you say that. In the beginning, Apple was "setting the standard", but after this WWDC, it seems that they are "catching up" (5 MP camera, multitasking, high res screen, etc)

Apple may not be the first company to release something, but their releases are usually done right

3. gb7 macrumors member

I think they will stay with a hardware refresh every June, the only possible exception to that would be a storage bump to 64gb if the chips dropped enough in price.

They may have to get more aggressive adding software features in the 4.x releases. Notifications overhaul, lock screen info, etc.

Just one mans opinion.

4. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Almost all of Apple's products are on a yearly update cycle, with the exception to that being the computer line up, which sometimes sees two a year. But iPods (used to be two a year, but recently slowed), Displays, Airports (for the most part), xServe and the iPhone are all yearly.

5. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

I really can't predict where other manufacturers will be come January 2011 with phones to compete with the iPhone 4. Apple raised the bar again with quality.

6. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Here's my view: Other manufacturers will always have better specs. They will always be theoretically or technically faster. iPhones will ALWAYS look better. They will ALWAYS have a better overall experience. They will always be able to integrate with software better. The App Store will always have more apps.

7. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

I'd love to see a manufacturer like HTC try to match the quality of the build of the new iPhone 4. What amazing engineering and materials that went into it. :cool: