Post your 2.0 Jailbreak Stories, Requests and Screenies...:D

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by allbrokeup, Jul 22, 2008.

1. allbrokeup macrumors 6502

IMG_0001.PNG IMG_0002.PNG

I jailbroke with PwnageTool 2.0.1 in about five minutes. It works perfectly except for the small drawback of Cydia being installed and how horribly buggy it is. I have managed to install Make It Mine from Cydia (after recovering from a 45 minute SWOD which happens all the time with Cydia) and Respring which is unusually sluggish and takes much longer to perform on 2.0

As mentioned in the title, post your screenshots, stories (horror and success) and help requests if you would like to.

Cheers!

allbrokeup.:D

2. DEAN616 macrumors member

what does respring do and the others you installed. This is my first jailbreak. I really want to use usirius on my touch but dont know how. Any help. THanks

3. allbrokeup thread starter macrumors 6502

Respring is necessary when you have SSH'd in an application to your iPod with a tool from your Mac or PC -- If you don't know about SSH, you should find out quick enough but I can tell you if you like -- You use it to restart the SpringBoard (The application that is theoretically the iPhone "Desktop"), to show up any installed applications.

Usirius is unfamiliar to me as I have never used it. I know that Installer 4 is coming soon which, before Cydia, was the main application to download Jailbroken apps to your iPhone/iPod touch. It truly is better than Cydia, so I would wait before installing many applications if I were you. :D:D:D:D

Make It Mine changes the name "iPod" in the top left corner to something that you would like it to be.

iReboot is really the same thing as Respring, except it has the option to reboot the iPhone/iPod too.

Cheers!

allbrokeup.

4. DEAN616 macrumors member

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I had problems with pwnage tool 2.0 thankfully they quickly released 2.0.1, but that came with a price, I opened cydia after successful jailbreak and wifi was off so I tried to exit cydia and it froze with a loveleey SWOD for 5 mins before I turned it off forcefully and repwned.

now I have fully workin 2.0 HATE cydia and all my apps are free :D

6. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

if you have SMB, how are thay all free?

and yes, the respring takes WAY to long...

7. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

I cant discuss that on here but I can in private ;) lets just say its been stripped of drm

8. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

9. I'mAMac macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

I'm gonna sound like a noob but I just never figured it out. How do you SSH?:eek:
    (also, how did you get those great screenshots? Is there a way to view your ipod screen on your computer?)

10. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

to ssh into a ipod you need to ftp into it via the ip address, username will be root and password will be alpine

take screenshots by holding the home button then press sleep button..... the screen will flash white and boom screenshot.

to export pics hook ipod upto mac and iphoto should load and you can select images to export, in windows open any image editor and go to file menu then acquire then go from there and you can then save the images to pc

11. I'mAMac macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

Wow you just taught me a good deal in 2 sentences. Thanks!:D

12. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

what is it with huck? it is hook, and hooked.

Oh, and cydia is updated, it is verry nice:D

13. volsfan macrumors regular

volsfan

im not gonna jailbreak 2.0 cause it is unstable enough by itself

14. I'mAMac macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

It doesn't look any different than when I checked it an hour ago.:confused:

15. MattGTO macrumors regular

MattGTO

ditto.

16. DEAN616 macrumors member

which ssh should i install from cydia if i want to install nes roms or free monkeyball etc.

17. xTheRumor macrumors newbie

I jailbroke my iPod Touch without any problems.
    But I used an old iMac G3 so it took about an hour for the PwnageTool 2.0.1 to create the custom restore. :p

[​IMG]

18. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

how did you get JUST the ipod icon, i am stuck with ipod, music, and videos :(

19. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

dont make me hit you in the face with trouts for pointing out how illiterate I am :p

changed it hope your happy now :p

20. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

haha, its not just you, it is everywhere, i just quoted you. so no hard feelings :p

21. itzdemo macrumors regular

itzdemo

man has anyone hurd of a new summerboard or customize 2.0 comming out for the ipod touch 2.0 firmware. only reason i would jailbreak 2.0 is to theme it. as in custom pictures behind the icons and to change each icon. all the apps i seen while using the 1.1.4 & 1.1.5 are not worth it. i like the nes deals but there just for show. if i want a game i got a nice desktop for that. i just like apps that do useful stuff. :confused:

22. asskick3r macrumors regular

asskick3r

Umm... me three?
    (Didn't want to say "ditto" Again)

23. I'mAMac macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

Yeah and all the other unique icons?

24. xTheRumor macrumors newbie

Custom icons

1: Download OpenSSH on Cydia.

2: Log into SSH using cyberduck/winSCP or your favorite SFTP client.

3:To Change applications that came with the iPod touch (like app store, mobile music player) go to the /applications folder.

4:Get your custom icon (must be a .png file), rename it to icon.png
    Note: for mobile music player.app. the icon.png must be changed to icon-AudioPlayer.png and icon-VideoPlayer.png.

5:Get your icon.png and replace the default one.
    Do this for every application. Restart your iPod, or use iReboot, and you'll see your new icons!

6:To get JUST the iPod icon instead of Music and Videos, replace the Info.plist file in the mobile music player app folder with the one I attached.

I tried attaching a .zip file with all the custom icons, but it was too big. :(
    If you want them, just PM me and I'll send them to you.

Hope this helps! :cool:

Attached Files:

25. arrjaytea macrumors newbie

Mega. Is it safe to assume that I can basically put any custom icons I want in there using the same method?

If so, I can basically have the same custom theme with 2.0 as I did with 1.4 as it's just icons on a black background.

:)