Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Let's all post our Apple Watch work out's/ Activity rings! This will be a great way for us to play with our new gadgets and get motivated to do some exercise! Plus all those June orders will have something too look at :p. Lol

Here's a couple of mine

z9JAVln.png

lOkxGFHl.png

Last edited:

Cory Bauer

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2003
Let's all post our Apple Watch work out's/ Activity rings! This will be a great way for us to play with our new gadgets and get motivated to do some exercise! Plus all those June orders will have something too look at :p. Lol

Here's a couple of mine

How much battery life did your 120-minute outdoor cycle cost you? I lose almost a percentage of battery for every 2 minutes of outdoor cycle I do on my 38mm model. A 120-minute outdoor cycle like yours would cost me 60%!

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 15, 2013
New York
How much battery life did your 120-minute outdoor cycle cost you? I lose almost a percentage of battery for every 2 minutes of outdoor cycle I do on my 38mm model. A 120-minute outdoor cycle like yours would cost me 60%!

:eek:! I think it cost me 30%! I hope your battery isn't defective.

EDIT: I have a 42mm.

Last edited:

Cory Bauer

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2003
:eek:! I think it cost me 30%! I hope your battery isn't defective.

EDIT: I have a 42mm.
I have a 38mm; if a hardware issue isn't causing my crummy battery life, I may have to return it for a 42mm model just to get through the day. My 75 minutes of mixed workout activity on a typical day is costing me about 32%.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I have a 38mm; if a hardware issue isn't causing my crummy battery life, I may have to return it for a 42mm model just to get through the day. My 75 minutes of mixed workout activity on a typical day is costing me about 32%.

Yeah maybe. I did about 20 minutes of work out today (didn't check percentage before/after sorry). But I'm down to 8% with no charge at all during the day.

Pulled off charger: 7:00AM
My current time: 11:54AM.

applegeek97

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
California
Today, a 50 minute indoor spin class only took 10% of my battery. I really love the activity tracking.

It came off the charger this morning around 6:30 AM. When I got home around 8 PM, it had about 40% battery left. I wore it all day, and that includes the 50 minute spin class I had.

I am very satisfied with the battery life.

mathewbhavnani

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2015
Anybody know what defaults are if you don't set your height weight etc?

Light? Moderate? Active?

----------

Just a tip to save battery....close ALL activity notifcations lol I actually did that and my battery life on my 38 mm apple watch sport SIGNIFICANTLY increased

maliu

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
Mine doesn't even count a 15 minute walking mile as exercise. I beg to differ.

----------

I did 2.5 and got credited with 6 minutes?

adammull

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
Went for a 25 minute walk tonight, tracked in the Workout app, with my kids and it credited me 7 minutes of walking in the activity app. That's disappointing. We did only average about a 20/min mile, my kids are little, but still. It's walking. It should count for something. :mad:

iwayne

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
Santa Clara, California
Went for a 25 minute walk tonight, tracked in the Workout app, with my kids and it credited me 7 minutes of walking in the activity app. That's disappointing. We did only average about a 20/min mile, my kids are little, but still. It's walking. It should count for something. :mad:

Walking is not a workout, you want credit for walking get a fitbit:) Walking counts toward your active calories. I'm kidding, seriously thats what i love about the watch it pushes you to get truly active!!

mathewbhavnani

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2015
Anyone know how to reset the activity app to when you first pair the watch? I want to start over, erase my data and do it seriously now?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.