Post your Apple wish list

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Topher15, May 23, 2009.

1. Topher15 macrumors 6502a

Topher15

What Apple product do you most want, either one that exists, or more interestingly, one that doesn't (yet)?

I really really really want an Apple multi-touch netbook, which when in laptop mode put you into OS X, and when folded into a multi-touch tablet switches into an iPhone-like OS. And make it super light.

:cool:

2. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

An i7-based midtower with high def audio output standard on all Macs. Heck, all they have to do is turn it on on the DP/MDP with a software update.

3. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

Apple gesture pad

In other words take the new glass mousepad out of a MacBook, maybe make it a little larger (maybe fitting the same profile as the slim keyboards - or maybe an integrated keyboard/mouse device). It functions just like the current MacBook pads, but also allows templates to be inserted for apps like Final Cut, etc.

I guess it should be called iTrack™ Available in wired and Bluetooth options and it should be in store just after the WWDC priced at a reasonable £50.

I'd offer a Photoshop mock up but it would be really bad, so over to the photoshop wizards. Create a good looking render and we'll make millions!

/ edit - I see pigs flying past my window.

4. upinflames900 macrumors 6502a

upinflames900

How about something like the computer they have built into the table in the latest bond movie. Like a touch screen that allows you to move everything around with your fingers as if they were real files. Oh and it should also have a virtual keyboard (like where you type in the air on the projection of keys).

5. JRob65a6 macrumors regular

JRob65a6

I'd like Apple to make me a computer like the one they use in CSI Miami mixed with the one off of Bones. That would be awesome.:);)

6. Topher15 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Topher15

Microsoft Surface?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP5y7yp06n0

7. upinflames900 macrumors 6502a

upinflames900

That is amazing (sorry to all you mac fans), and yes exactly. I had no idea that existed. Although knowing Microsoft it probably does not work very well :rolleyes:. Thanks for the video though.

8. philipxz macrumors regular

philipxz

Apple Pro Mouse - White
    Wireless Apple Keyboard
    iMac :confused:
    iPhone

9. Benguitar Guest

Benguitar

Three 24 inch ACD's (Glossy) hooked up to a fully pimped out Mac Pro. Center screen is the main screen.

<3

(sorta like this)

[​IMG]

10. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

A cheap all-in-one desktop. Basically, bring back the 17 inch iMac, price it at $700 or so. I'd buy.

11. Quad 2.5 G5 =) macrumors 6502

Ditto, but make it aluminum =)

12. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

I want a mid-range tower.

It will have your choice if Core 2 Quad or Core i7 in both single an dual configurations.

Up to 16 GB DDR3 RAM.

Dual optical drives.

Space for two GPUs, with or without Crossfire/SLi.

A bunch of PCI slots

Make it about the size of a Dell Studio 540 and have it cost ~$800.

13. LAS.mac macrumors 6502

A 13" MBP with high resolution, with 6 Gb RAM, a 256 SSD, max 1.8 kg, at least 8 hours real-life battery. Same form factor as the MBA, I don't care of the Superdrive. But I would have at least one more USB.
    Oh, yes, no more than 1,500 USD, thanks.

14. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Well designed netbook(shrink down the Unibody or white plastic MacBook, I'm sold. Give it either a nice SSD(32GB+) or big HDD(160GB+), 2GB RAM, 1.6ghz atom. Decent keyboard, with full OS X. 399 or 499.

Midrange Mac- Either a return of a Cube like Mac(let use upgrade to a Core 2 Quad?), or cheaper low end iMac. Price it starting at 699

I'd buy 'em both! Netbook first, then a desktop.

15. Quad 2.5 G5 =) macrumors 6502

Or maybe like the computer that guy uses in Ironman, It is a 3-D touch screen computer.
    But I will have to settle with this:
    Maxed-out 8-core Mac Pro with 2 30" matte LED displays, driven by 2 nVidia GeForce 4800s.
    Maxed out 17" MBP with 2 FW 400 ports ;)
    12" MBP with a 2.93Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, Dual GPUs
    (nVidia 9400M w/256 GB of Shared VRAM, nVidia 9600M w/512MB or 1GB of VRAM),
    1280x800 or 1440x900 LED glossy or matte display, 8GB RAM limit, 16x Superdrive.

16. kindablue09 macrumors regular

kindablue09

A full bluetooth keyboard that has a decent sized multi-touch track pad (clickable) like in the unibody macbooks.

17. Andy348 macrumors 6502

If that would to happen it'd probably start at ~999.

But thats also my wish!

18. Topher15 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Topher15

I'll also add a Mighty Mouse that flippin works!

19. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

a quad core mbp at 2.6ghz with a multitouch screen
    @2499 for 17"

20. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

A 13" MacBook with a silver keyboard and display edge which has some dedicated vRAM. They would not only conquer the poor graphics in the current model but also finally start producing a good looking laptop again.

There's that and a reinvention of the iMac G4. Aluminium base with glossy screen anyone?

21. bobbleheadbob macrumors 6502a

bobbleheadbob

22. thewireman macrumors regular

thewireman

23. PaperMacWriter macrumors 6502

PaperMacWriter

An aluminum G4 style iMac with a OLED display, available in 20", 24", and 26". Obviously a miniaturized base, slot load superdrive, ect, but that would be SO COOL!:D

And, to be boring, an iCube, looking like a Mac Pro in box form, with the ability to easily access the RAM and HDs. Ranging from consumer to semi-pro(2.0GHz C2D to 2.26GHz C2Q). Or a larger cube with PCI-X(is that current? I'm a consumer:p) and room for MP graphics cards. It would be raised by a glass base surrounding the edge, in black(like black bezel on new :apple: screens). It would look stunning.

An iTV with boxee(or a nicer apple variant) built in, safari, and gaming.

Also, a backlit Pro keyboard, a gesture pad, and all displays ULTRA-widescreen(uses all of bezel to left and right). Perect for movie viewing:D

I doubt I will see these soon, or ever, but they would all be nice. But if I ever become CEO of apple, you can count on all of these;)

SG :apple:

24. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

a multi-touch computer: like a netbook/tablet. come on apple!