Post your battery usage!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kenbrinkman, May 3, 2015.

1. kenbrinkman, May 3, 2015
    Last edited: May 3, 2015

kenbrinkman macrumors regular

kenbrinkman

Hi guys, I thought it might be a cool idea to post your battery usage after a full charge. Mine's below. I managed nearly 7 hours of mostly Safari at 75% brightness (7 clicks from the bottom).

It would be interesting to see what other people are getting, and to see if there's anything we can do to improve usage. 7 hours is not as great as the quoted 9, but it's still not terrible I guess. See what you think...how many hours can you get?

[​IMG]

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There are many existing threads like this, and it isn't meaningful to compare battery life between users, since no two users have identical settings and workload. Battery life can vary significantly between users.

There are many factors that impact your battery life. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life.
    The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

3. kenbrinkman thread starter macrumors regular

kenbrinkman

I think it is meaningful, especially considering the list of battery-offending processes that we might discover. Obviously battery usage is a case-by-case metric, however we should all come close to 9 hours under ideal conditions. I hoped in this thread we could see if anyone can get that number, and post their processes and other pertinent info (screen brightness, peripherals, etc.) to see if everyone's usage can be increased.

In my example, I used the Apple battery test which is defined as:

Since my MacBook is the same as the Apple-tested model, I tried to duplicate their findings. Only using Safari (without flash installed) I browsed my regular sites all day, for a total near 7 hours, not 9. I'm interested in seeing if anyone else can duplicate Apple's test.