Post your Christmas tree pics!

applefan289

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
USA
...which is precisely why I don't do Christmas trees anymore, and if I do, I put up a fake one! :)

I admire your effort to put it up though.

Illuminated

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2008
Denver
I don't have a Christmas tree. I have a Hanukah Bush! But we don't put it up till about a week until Hanukah!

likemyorbs

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 20, 2008
NJ
...which is precisely why I don't do Christmas trees anymore, and if I do, I put up a fake one! :)

I admire your effort to put it up though.
Haha thanks. I like real trees because they give the house that nice pine smell and just generally feel more authentic. They're just a huge pain in the ass with the watering and everything.

I don't have a Christmas tree. I have a Hanukah Bush! But we don't put it up till about a week until Hanukah!
A hanukah bush huh? What does that look like?

Illuminated

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2008
Denver
Haha thanks. I like real trees because they give the house that nice pine smell and just generally feel more authentic. They're just a huge pain in the ass with the watering and everything.

A hanukah bush huh? What does that look like?
Its a regular 'christmas' tree but with a star of david on top and we have blue and white ornaments.

haha

likemyorbs

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 20, 2008
NJ
Its a regular 'christmas' tree but with a star of david on top and we have blue and white ornaments.

haha
Lol. That's funny. The person who cut our tree for us was a nice chainsaw wielding Jewish girl. You don't see those too often!

likemyorbs

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 20, 2008
NJ
Thats the kinda girl who I want to marry.
Yeah she was cool. If only she were a bit prettier she would be priceless! But who knows? Maybe she's your type. She works at the home depot nursery in manalapan, nj. Go get your girl!

likemyorbs

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 20, 2008
NJ
We haven't, but it is still November...
Yeah that's the best part! When you put your tree up in November you can get it before all the good ones are taken at the store. I put mine up right after Dead Native American Day every year.

----------

I don't put up a tree. I just put up a Festivus Pole.
$39?? you can get a christmas tree for that price. Besides, that's an abomination against our lord and savior jesus christ.

Jk, i'm an atheist. But the festivus pole is still dumb. :)

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Oh I don't know...putting a tree up a month before christmas to save a buck. Seems like a good idea until the ****er burns down or is dead before the actual holiday.

likemyorbs

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 20, 2008
NJ
Oh I don't know...putting a tree up a month before christmas to save a buck. Seems like a good idea until the ****er burns down or is dead before the actual holiday.
i got it at home depot, the price won't change in a couple of weeks. After the real one dies i put up the fake one until the end of january. i love me some christmas trees.

Illuminated

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2008
Denver
This is no lie. My brother still has his tree up from last december. its brown, but it still smells amazing! And they stopped watering it in March.

This was taken a couple weeks ago.

likemyorbs

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 20, 2008
NJ
This is no lie. My brother still has his tree up from last december. its brown, but it still smells amazing! And they stopped watering it in March.

This was taken a couple weeks ago.
:eek: that's just hard to believe! what trailer park does he live in? :D

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
We usually don't get a tree because we go home to the East Coast for Christmas, but this year we figured we'd get a small tree to get in the spirit. It was 82 degrees in Los Angeles today, so you can imagine it can be difficult to feel Christmas-y.

Nothing like picking up a big, beautiful fir in Boston, though. I always go with my Dad, and we get a monster tree. Can't wait. :)

steve2112

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2009
East of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus
Yeah that's the best part! When you put your tree up in November you can get it before all the good ones are taken at the store. I put mine up right after Dead Native American Day every year.

----------

$39?? you can get a christmas tree for that price. Besides, that's an abomination against our lord and savior jesus christ.

Jk, i'm an atheist. But the festivus pole is still dumb. :)
I just like it as a jab against the people with the over the top trees and decorations. I also have a Charlie Brown Christmas Tree. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.