Post Your Dock (PowerPC)

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Altemose, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

I thought that this would be a fun opportunity to have everyone post their Dock setups on their PowerPC Macs. Here is mine on my PowerMac G5.

Attached Files:

2. robertdsc macrumors regular

robertdsc

Running Tiger, per usual. The pink bow tie at the right end is a Photoshop template for photographs of a friend of mine that come in from time to time. Since she's a Hello Kitty junkie, I used the HK bow as the icon rather than the default, lol.

Attached Files:

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I'm using Black Gloss 2.1 (Candbar Dock and Icon theme) on my 17" A1013.

Attached Files:

4. Altemose thread starter macrumors G3

Altemose

How much of this stuff do you use every week?

5. jrsx macrumors 65816

jrsx

Using AQUAdock's Mountain Leopard dock on my PowerBook G4.

Attached Files:

6. bunnspecial macrumors 603

bunnspecial

Leopard dock on the Quicksilver I'm using at the moment

Attached Files:

7. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

LOL, maybe about a tenth of it.

But it serves a purpose. I only store apps I use or that serve a specific purpose in my dock. Often, when I need an app for a specific purpose, because I have not used it for awhile I've forgotten the name of it. Then I have to go digging around in the App or Utilities folder trying to find it.

But I can usually recall what the icon looks like. If it's right there in my Dock it takes a lot less time to find it. Last, but not least, it's a holdover from my OS9 days. In OS9 you can put an alias to the Application folder as well as just aliases to apps directly in the Apple menu. Even if you never used a particular app much, you had direct access through the Apple menu. That kind of held over to the Dock for me.

8. Altemose thread starter macrumors G3

Altemose

Oh. My biggest problem is having disorder in the Dock. I like only having what I use at least once a week in my Dock but I hate just having Word for example. If I put Word (which I use often enough), I find the need to put PowerPoint and Excel in the Dock despite rare usage.

9. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I have that too. It gets crazy when you have multiple versions of the Adobe Creative Suite! :D

10. bunnspecial macrumors 603

bunnspecial

When I bought my G5, it had both CS3 and CS4 installed. None of the CS3 installations were still active, though, so they all got purged from the dock and only the CS4 stuff remains.

The dock I show above is actually an install cloned off my G5...the only thing I really even use regularly is Photoshop, although InDesign gets enough use to to probably justify keeping it on the dock. I'm tempted to take all the other Adobe stuff off the dock(at least on the Quicksilver), just to free up space.

11. Altemose thread starter macrumors G3

Altemose

I don't mind a wide Dock on a wide screen but if I am on my iBook or a regular non-widescreen display then I keep minimal icons in the Dock.

12. bunnspecial macrumors 603

bunnspecial

I'm very much in agreement with you on that.

Part of my issue with the QS is that I'm using a 17" Studio Display as the main display. I suppose I could switch it around and make the 23" widescreen secondary display the main display, but to my eye the Studio Display just looks better and thus it's the one I default to.

The only display(at the moment) on my G5 is a 23" 1080p widescreen, so I have no issues with a wide dock. Now that 27" LEDs are coming down in price(and I have a 6800 Ultra in my G5 so that I don't have to worry about taxing the graphics card) I'm really tempted to upgrade the display on it and either move the current one to secondary(if I can find the desk space) or else repurpose it for another computer.

13. Altemose thread starter macrumors G3

Altemose

I have an HP S2031 as my main display and a 17" Studio Display as my secondary. My Dock is just the right size for how I like it!

I wonder what Intell has in his Dock on his PowerPC! It is probably 2x2 icons with the amount of applications he must keep on it!

14. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Which machine should I post then?

15. Altemose thread starter macrumors G3

Altemose

Your daily PowerPC driver I suppose. What machines do you own?

16. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I own too many to count or list. Here's the dock from my 12" Powerbook that I'm currently on. It's one of the more sparser docks I have.

IntellDock.png

17. Altemose thread starter macrumors G3

Altemose

That is not what I expected from the wise Intell!

18. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I use Spotlight for most, if not all, app launching. The Dock stays hidden and kinda empty for me. There are over 180 apps in the Applications folder on that Powerbook. All launched via Spotlight.

19. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

Easily the busiest dock on all the Macs. This is from the quad G5.

Attached Files:

20. jrsx macrumors 65816

jrsx

I updated the dock on my PowerBook. Instead of having a Webkit application, I replaced it with TenFourFox. I got fed up with WebKit having random CPU surges and it didn't exactly cooperate with Facebook how I wanted it to. Sure, it's fast, but TFF has my game going right now. :D
    I am using the previous (non-current) version of TFF because of the iScroll bug and sluggish scrolling. I tried to find the beta version that fixed the bug, but for some reason I can't find it. I'm fine using the prior version now anyhow.

21. Altemose thread starter macrumors G3

Altemose

Please list everything left to right! Some interesting icons in there.

22. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I think it was attached to the statistics post that Kaiser retracted. If you want it, I have it.

23. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

Lets see here.. starting on the left we have:

Finder, Dashboard, iWeb, Keynote, Numbers, Pages, AppleWorks 6, Macromedia FreehandMX, Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator (all CS4), Calc, Mail, T4F, Safari, iChat, Address Book, MacTracker, Sim City 3000, Starcraft, Roller Coaster Tycoon, EV Nova, Wolfenstein, Unreal 2004, iCal, Acrobat Pro, Preview, Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Toast, iPhoto, VLC, QT, Spaces, Time Machine, Acquisition, and Sys Prefs.

24. agottschling macrumors newbie

agottschling

Here's my dock from my powerbook g4 DLSD.

Attached Files:

• dock.jpg
      dock.jpg
      File size:
      42.7 KB
      Views:
  25. Altemose thread starter macrumors G3

Altemose

What's that next to Coconut Battery?