Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KeegM480

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
There is a thread for posting your car, but what about one for your dream car?
Ill start with mine.

Not too much of a dream, but I'm loving the E46 M3 lately :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    446.7 KB · Views: 936
Last edited:

STidrvr

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2009
I wish.. Thanfully mine isn't that far out of reach. Just a decent job away :)

You may want to check out this thread then, Post Your Realistic Dream Car

For me it would have to be, anything with a Ferrari badge and any other exotic really, but if we are talking dream and unobtainable, it would have to be Dahlback RSi Golf. A car built by John Dahlback using an MK4 Golf Chassis and an Audi AAN 2.2l motor. I can't remember the all the details, but the motor was destroyed to allow for higher RPMs. If I remember the drivetrain (AWD) is from Volkswagen. The car has around 1200hp and is just a monster. This is my dream car since it is privately owned, and I will never own it.

dahlback_004.jpg

dahlback_001.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndc0bzUin8w

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
North America Ford Ranger. There's just something fun about driving those little trucks. Love mine quite a bit. I could go on to post the reasons why I love them.

2011_Ford_Ranger.jpg

Reactions: iTurbo

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
Problem with Lambos and Ferraris is they are so cookie cutter. Seen one, you seen 'em all, and the vast majority of people that either have them or want them care about status and saying "I have a Ferrari" and know next to nothing about the engineering behind them.

Then they go buy a 10+ year old 360 and floss it like it's brand new. Nothing wrong with them, but just too cookie cutter IMO.

That said, my dream car is a 1968 Dodge Charger R/T, I'll take either the 440 car or the unobtanium Hemi car.

_MG_7438.jpg

71111_Side_Profile_Web.jpg

Dodge-Charger-1968-_wallpapers_346.jpg

7447370007_large.jpg

5373982249_1e6eca5012_z.jpg

MR_ANGRY_Charger_by_Beowulf_BX.jpg

1968_dodge_charger-pic-40295.jpeg

jm1.jonas

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2010
I'd be happy with these:

A Aston Martin DBS to go to work:
edo-aston-martin-dbs-08.jpg

A Maserati GranTurismo 2012 to go to take the girlfriend (that i would get super fast) to dinner.
maserati-granturismo-s-mc-sport-line-limited-edition-5.jpg

And of course, a Lamgorghini Aventador to use when i'm late for something and the Panamera is behind it in the garage...
lamborghini-aventador-white-car-of-your-dreams-show-hd-desktop-wallpaper-screensaver-background.jpg

DaKKs

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
The Saab 9-5 SportCombi (ng9-5). 27 cars ever manufactured. Unfortunately, you cant rationalize it economically since there are no spare parts whatsoever. And its uninsurable. Also not a single mechanic (including Svenska Bil*) will even touch it. Even with gloves, a hazmat suit and a ten foot pole.

lgc77.jpg

*former Saab retailer

Lets not forget to mention that the lot of them are VIN blacklisted. There is only one registered car in the country. They're practically impossible to get road legal.

Reactions: A.Goldberg

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
Please don't put it on bags. Lower it but don't slam it.

Agreed, don't be a "scene" kiddie like the morons in GTIs on bags with stretched tires. Way too much of that airbag/stretch trash on VW Vortex.

A nice set of aftermarket springs will do the trick. The car will look better and perform better without becoming useless. A Mustang doesn't need to be "hArD pArKeD y0!"

Heavy Fluid

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2008
Oh, they will perform well. I am friends with the guy that works at Airlift here, and he took me out in this car.

Track.jpg

img4983_gauge1347552598.jpg

Bags are not just for the stance scene. Fully adjustable for whatever the conditions may be. Slam it at a car show if you want, and then raise it back up a little for the drive home.

IMG_5039.jpg

07-tjin-edition-mustang-convertible1.jpg

ranviper

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2010
Adirondacks, NY
My top desires. For a super car, the Ventom GT.

Hennessey_Venom_GT_974.jpg

or a SSC Tuatara

ssc-tuatara-profile.jpg

For a car I can't get here in the states, not easily anyway, Silvia S15

nissan-s15-silvia-first-gen-mx5miata_b4c81.jpg

and of course, a 69 Camaro SS.

69CamaroSS.jpg

Dascoyne

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2013
Palo Alto, Ca
Oh, they will perform well. I am friends with the guy that works at Airlift here, and he took me out in this car.

Bags are not just for the stance scene. Fully adjustable for whatever the conditions may be. Slam it at a car show if you want, and then raise it back up a little for the drive home.

To each his own.

Steeda Sport Springs and Koni STR.Ts was enough for me. Other than basic suspension mods I got a Saleen VI.5 supercharger and lovin' it. My style is keeping the looks unassuming. Blown and happy. Cheers.

gtmp01a.jpg

DSC01900.jpg
(just before the CAI went in)

GT10b.jpg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.