Post your epic dreams or nightmares

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 63dot, Mar 1, 2009.

1. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

Do you dream a lot, and if you do are they pleasant or nightmares? Are they related to you or just processing the day's information? Mine is largely the latter.

So here is the one that woke me up and has me here:

I work at this big company that happens to have a very fancy restaurant somewhere in town. The people in my department are all people I went to high school with more than 25 years ago. (I hated high school)

Some reality TV show comes in and picks me as the next "Bachelor". My job is to basically contact one woman who I have never met, yet works at this big company I am at, but in another department I never heard of. My coworkers in my department urge me to do this since a reality tv crew is putting me on the spot. I don't want to do it, plus I am married. And the show wants me to go to this expensive restaurant with her, but I am broke.

The lady, I find out is five inches taller than me and more than 15 years younger than me and looks like Nicole Kidman. (oddly, I saw her movie "Bewitched" before I went to bed)

I try and back out and tell ABC or NBC, or whoever the network is that I don't want to do this stunt since I am married, and too short for the camera. They tell me this entire restaurant, which is very expensive, is going to open just for the two of us, me and this unknown tall lady, and I have to contact her.

I have to now contact her via phone and her extension is "44", but I can't dial those two numbers since I am all thumbs in my dream with no coordination. I am just able to eek out the extension "45", my real age, and I get a stupid voice mail for her department, which I never heard of anyway.

This leads me, with huge camera crew in tow, on a wild goose chase to find this person in this impossible huge skyscraper of a building to let her know I have to do this reality tv thing as the "Bachelor" and that we have to go on this date where the entire restaurant is open just for us. But the closer I get to contacting her, the more lost I get in this skyscraper, or set of skyscrapers my company I work for owns.

Now time is getting very short, I am broke, tired, married, and can't back out of being the "Bachelor" on a reality tv show because everybody's job is on the line to make this whole thing work. I don't want to do this anymore but I am obligated.

bizarre? anyway, post your dreams :)

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I had a very vivid and powerful dream a couple of weeks ago in which I was in a tall building near the coast, minding my own business, when I felt a huge lurch in the structure. Having steadied myself, I ran to a window and saw a very large planet slowly receding on the horizon with an enormous, blackened, circular area on its surface showing where it had just struck the earth a glancing blow. I remember thinking that whatever cataclysmic repercussions the impact would have would undoubtedly be terminal. It is remarkable how calm the mind is when ultimate disaster is only minutes away.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Another well timed thread.

I normally have epic, adventure like dreams but recently since I've had a lot on my mind they've been forgotten. Except yesterday night, it wasn't a nightmare though (my nightmares tend to be like cheap horror films, stuff jumping out of shadows and that). Just a s**t scary dream.

It was so vivid and realistic. Everything was how it is in real life. Nothing surreal or out of the ordinary. Except my girlfriend had terminal cancer and was expected to die on Sunday.
    We were in university on a Friday. We were both coping well but we had this little argument, so I was going over in my head how I ruined her last day of uni.
    Then on Sunday, both at my house, I was telling her things like "say hi to *insert dead relative*. Had to leave the room and burst into tears. It was just crushing.

Woke up and instantly rang her. :eek: Think all this has been because of all this heartbreaking Jade Goody stuff.

4. carlgo macrumors 68000

Had tidal wave dreams for years, but none after the big ones in the Pacific. Being on the beach, watching a giant wave come in on the horizon. Then I would escape to high ground and watch it hit and swirl around the mountain I barely made it to.

Had a recurring dream of watching an airliner going down, the same view as it rolled over and crashed. Years later, there was a newspaper photo of an airliner going down, same roll-over and design of the plane, exactly. Haven't had that dream since.

I need a lottery number dream.

Never have a bad dream, because I always figure out a way to come out ahead and wake up victorious. I will have the dream until I figure a way out, and then it will end. Kind of strange, but better than waking up terrified.

5. jodelli macrumors 65816

jodelli

There's this one where we(don't know who the others are) seek shelter of whatever sort from a tornado and dodge serious harm. But there's another one not far behind it. The details are just a little different each time.

Checking this out I found this had really happened on at least two occasions to people in Oklahoma and Alabama.

6. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

I've been broken up with a girl for over a year and somehow she shows up in my dreams all of the time. It's really not fun. One night I'll dream we're at the movies the next we're back at her parents house in NJ etc. etc. I really would like to stop having these.

7. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Most of my dreams are the same.

I am being carried near the Grand Canyon, and am tied up. As I approach, I hear the faint sound of a train, and see railroad tracks.
    The person carrying me (Oddly a woman), puts me down on the tracks and ties me down.

Before the train comes near me, I wake up.

8. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Nice thread!

I've had two dreams that stick out in my life the most:

When I was little, I used to play Medal of Honor with my Dad. We together used to play on the two player mode to kill each other. It was hilarious fun (yes, for being a girl it was quite entertaining!).
    So one night, I had a dream I was in a battlefield. Suddenly, apparently someone came up behind me and stabbed me with a dagger. In my sleep, I felt myself rising. I suddenly woke up and I was still on my bed.
    It was creepy.

----

A few weeks ago, I had a really awkward dream. (Sorry, but this is disturbing). I had a dream that I was back in school, and I was in the band room. A good friend of mine raped me, and one of my teachers was up next to also.
    I lived in some paranoia for a couple of days I tell ya...

9. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

It's interesting how things that wouldn't normally scare us in real life can scare us in our dreams and vice versa, Freud had some phrase for it but i cant remember.

10. xodonniedarko macrumors 6502

xodonniedarko

One of my friends had a dream that a Mexican chick was in his front yard biting the heads off of chickens.

11. MagicWok macrumors 6502a

Was talking to my younger brother when I visited home a while back. Random stuff, got talking about dreams.

He had the weirdest dream ever... He was walking across water on a path. Weird things flying all over the place. Then the Enterprise from Next Generation comes in and then he cuts it in half with a Badminton Racket.... EH? lol

My other half had a dream while back too, that she had a pack of cigarettes in her pocket and they started singing to her :confused: lol

Finally, my weirdest dream has to be I was in some battle zone with some random people, hiding. And then all of a sudden, Unicron from Transformers starts walking over-head, obviously the enemy. So suddenly, I decide I've had enough because I didn't like being dirty (as if the whole planet being destroyed isn't enough already) so I decided to take him out... With a frisbee... And it worked...

12. boonlar macrumors 6502

My coolest dream:

I was riding on a school bus several blocks from my house. I am sitting by the window and I look out and see a black cloud in the sky that is rectangular in shape. The cloud has slits cut out like hieroglyphic symbols and is following me. Then I find myself a few blocks away in someones home and it is night time. I look up into the sky and see a huge meteor coming down. The meteor impacts several miles away and I see the fire wave coming at me destroying everything. I dive into a bathroom and a second later everything gets obliterated and I die.

13. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

The nightmare ones for me i think would be the ones were your walking around people you know or at school in your underpants etc I am sure we all have them.

One that i to remember the most would have to be when i was about 8 or 9 , i just bought doom2 having played the demo of the first one so many times i thought what the hell lets get it.

I played it all day but when i went to bed, and had a dream that the pinky demons where surrounding my bed and were going to kill me. I remember just laying there for hours after i woke up not wanting to move at all

14. 63dot thread starter macrumors 603

63dot

I had one last night, a recurring one, where I am hanging out with the Rolling Stones as part of their security entourage. We were in California's Mojave Desert this time and it was around 1966 or 1967 and people looked at the whole group as if they were dirty and ugly. But every now and then, some young person would recognize the band. There was this big boa constrictor chasing the band and I had to keep it at bay and nobody else noticed the thing. I used some sort of stick but I didn't want to actually hurt the thing since it was a one of kind animal.

In other dreams, I am some backup musician in their band. I play guitar as a backing player the way Daryl Jones plays bass with them all the time. Below is a picture of the longtime backup bassist with Ronny Wood.

Attached Files:

15. iMacmatician macrumors 601

There was this one time from February 2004 to February 2005 where I dreamt much more than usual. I probably had several dozen dreams during that period. I noted/drew them down on sheets of paper.

Now, many of my dreams I forget not long after I wake up, because on the nights I dream, I wake up in the morning, then sleep again, making me forget it. :mad: (And most were good dreams too.) Sometimes I can "continue" my dream after I wake up, and sometimes in my dream I think that I've had a similar dream or known a certain fact before, when in reality I might not have.

Generally pleasant.

I guess both.

Most of them are a bit to personal to share. :)

When the Merom MacBook Pro rumors were rampant, I had a dream that I checked the Apple page and there were new MMBPs! Dark grey color with Mac Pro-like air holes too.

In another dream, I was at school and it was like over 60 floors high (in reality it's 3), and I was going up and down this elevator with glass windows. There were some floor numbers involved in the dream but I forgot them. Then I found this really small hidden elevator and went up/down that.

An older dream was after I watched the Backstreet Boys "Larger than Life" music video. I was going through space in this big spaceship and visiting a planet.

16. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

hmm, i have very strange dreams indeed. I will dream something and then a couple of weeks later, it comes true. Its rly creepy. once, i dreamed myself falling down the stairs once. and then it happened. another time, i dreamed i was going to cut my hand open and about 2.5 weeks later, on a Friday, i was cutting bell peppers and then 5 mins later, i was getting stitches