post your face. i will attempt to read it

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Salasm, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Salasm macrumors regular

Salasm

post a pic of your face and i will try to guess your personality. any volunteers? this is totally voluntary on your part and may give you some insights.

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Feel free

Attached Files:

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Here's me :)

Attached Files:

4. FocusAndEarnIt macrumors 601

FocusAndEarnIt

just curious... how do you know how to read someone's face? :confused:

5. Salasm thread starter macrumors regular

Salasm

i realize this is going to take longer than i thought, so i'll do one face per day or so. it helps to keep the pictures straight on and level, plus a side profile for best results.

ok starting with xukhcx

- logical thinker, you need time to absorb info but once you do, tend to retain indefinetely. you can grasp whole concepts. objective and reflective listener.

- technically oriented, need scientific proof before accepting it as fact. you are also pragmatic and will likely admit to mistakes if you wrong.

- conformist, you follow rules and have disdain for rule breakers. you would make a good manager or supervisor and would do well in the military

- mentally curious, you are drawn to many interests

- good with details, with average focus on tasks

- hate shouting and verbal disapproval. you excel at jobs where your talents are appreciated. you want to make an impact with your contributions to work, and life.

- independent and need some personal space.

- slightly tight with money, but willing to share.

- go-getter in relation to getting tasks complete. slightly persuasive. less concerned with feelings.

so how did i do? rate my assessment from 1 - 10. 10 being most accurate.

6. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I was actually following your progress in your profile so did realise that you were taking your time over this, which is appreciated. I checked your status to check that you weren't looking over my previous posts to read my thoughts elsewhere :)

Would rate this as pretty accurate. 9

Again rather good description. 9

This is a grey area, It depends on the situation and how serious the consequences are. If the rules are here for a reason, e.g safety, then indeed a conformist. However in general i tend to read the rules in an advantageous way. So in regards to the military then i feel that I would fit but it is not a career path i am interested in. 6

Rather true. 7

Stems from logical thinker and technically orientated. I find my focus on tasks is higher than average. 6

Spot on with "hate shouting". Recently my thinking has been turning more and more to wanting to make an impact. 8

This is a tough one to assess. I am fully independent. In regards to need some personal space, I have been going out with my girlfriend for 4 and 1/2 years and whenever we get the time together we spend literally every single hour of the day/night together. 6

Not tight at all but i am indeed willing to share so 4.

I do feel that I am emotionally less perceptive than others, however i know this fact and take it into consideration. Therefore I feel I am more emotionally aware than my counter parts. Definitely a go-getter but usually after a period of consideration, I feel it is best to think through the problem rather than jump straight in to doing things. However once the initial consideration is complete i will not shy away from fully committing myself to the work at hand. 8

Overall I would give you 8.5, even though on average it is 7.1

Background. I'm 22 studying Chemical Engineering with Management looking to get a job as a commissioning engineer. Which explains a lot of the character traits above, well the traits probably explain the job I am interested in.

7. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

:rolleyes:
    Shoot at lots of targets, you'll hit a few right?

Or go back, read all the lot of a users post, and say things based on that...I'm not conviced you can "read faces"...

8. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

And my face says?

Attached Files:

9. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

As i mentioned i was looking at the persons profile to see the users activity to check whether or not they were doing this.

10. Max Payne macrumors 6502a

The door screams UK style, but the electric socket doesn't. :D :p

11. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Did they?

Also one can easly log off, or use a different computer(were they aren't logged one)

12. noaccess macrumors 6502

Wow... I like the idea for the thread :)

I'll post this one. Sorry I couldn't offer a more recent one, right now I look awful, after about 28 hrs. of no sleep :(

[​IMG]

EDIT: Changed it to another one. More mac-y :D

13. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

14. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

15. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Man, do you have any other photos of yourself?! LOL! I've seen like 6 threads, and you post the exact same picture in every thread. You like your left side profile that much eh? :p

16. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

If you're not careful, someone could misinterpret what you want...

17. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I know I did :eek:

18. Max Payne macrumors 6502a

Me 2. :eek:

19. FocusAndEarnIt macrumors 601

FocusAndEarnIt

Do you really think he would put that much effort into it? I mean, seriously, guys... :rolleyes:

20. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

How long before this thread turns dirty, like most others on MR

21. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

oh puleeze. I was referring to the song/jingle quality of her "do me, do me." She clearly was trying for a light tonal thing and I simply wanted to make the point that some misguided souls would think she was referring to the face reading thing.

"do me, do me, oh, oh, do me do me e" You set that to "Louie, Louie" and you might have a winner...

(Are they buying it? Sound convincing enough?)