Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ranviper

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 10, 2010
Adirondacks, NY
I hope this thread is a hit - I know lots of you love coffee like myself, and I have seen some really strange, weird, and FUNNY mugs. So, I'll start us off. My fiance got me my new favorite mug for christmas, and got herself a matching tea mug. Here they are!

photo0760.jpg

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
I have a ton of mugs.

The one I use most looks like this almost identically:
KALCM010.jpg

kellen

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2006
Seattle, WA
Great thread, need to buy some more.

We have an assortment of these in brown
Coffee%20Mug%20-%20Starbucks%20-%20Barista%20Abbey%20Blue.jpg

images

However I have been thinking of getting these from each place we travel to:
images

Kyffin

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2010
Heath Ceramics FTW

Very nice, not too sure on the handles though- expresso cups? (difficult to tell)

I've really been getting into this one for coffee (tea varies depending on type), generally go for individual pieces over sets with this sort of thing.

Attachments

• L1030312_xl.jpg
    L1030312_xl.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 568
  • L1030313_xl.jpg
    L1030313_xl.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 565

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I've got a couple depending upon the size of cup I want to brew:

This is a mug not to be messed with, it's hefty!
RusticMugTerraCotta.jpg

My newest but only holds 10 oz, which means it's an 8 oz cup of coffe with a splash of cream.
nikon_af_s_24_70mm_lens_mug_2.jpg

Then I have one that looks very similar to this but has the name of the company I used to work for:
coastein250.gif

Reactions: robotica

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
That's funny, I saw this thread as I was drinking coffee from this:

Attachments

• photo-5.JPG
    photo-5.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 4,549
  • photo-4.JPG
    photo-4.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 4,589

avro707

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010
I don't drink coffee from huge mugs - I have double espressos, so I use a glass instead:

mmm_coffee.jpg

I have about 10 of those glasses, along with 2 of each type of coffee cup (espresso cups, medium size cups and capuccino cups). All of them Lavazza branded. They sit on the cup warmer on top of the coffee machine (see the espresso cups attached).

I used to have one of the medium size ones at my old work place and would go downstairs to the cafe and get them to make me a coffee in that cup. They didn't use Lavazza coffee and would hide the cup behind the counter! ;)

You'd be shocked if I photographed the coffee grinder I use - it's a Gino Rossi CC45! :D I know, it's silly to use something like that in a home, but it works so well. :D

Very nice, not too sure on the handles though- expresso cups? (difficult to tell)

I've really been getting into this one for coffee (tea varies depending on type), generally go for individual pieces over sets with this sort of thing.

They look like espresso cups. But none could be worse than the Illy espresso cups for irritating handle designs - though Segafredo comes close with its otherwise cool looking square cups.

Attachments

• obr_pf15.jpg
    obr_pf15.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 750
Last edited:

Kyffin

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2010
Ha ha! None can be worse than those 'pincher' handles though- you know, the ones where you can't hook a finger through so you have to squeeze real hard just to lift your cup!

Hey, props on the commitment to decent coffee- until I stand a chance of replicating the delicious flat white I get from my caff I'm keeping to filter. Do you have any thought on the stove top espresso makers? Cheers

avro707

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010
There are a few Bialetti stove-top pots that claim to do a capuccino/latte style drink - Brikka or Mukka I think they call them. I'm not so sure how they work - and I've never tried one.

My machine above is a Gaggia Classic with the Italian Ulka pump (the better of the two, because it can be adjusted). And the grinder is Gino Rossi CC45 - which was actually cheaper than the little Mini Mazzer-E grinder. I modified the Gaggia to slightly reduce the pump pressure, previously it was too difficult to get consistent results. I've got it set to a point where it and the grinder are matched well together. When I do have to clean the grinder, I put the heads back in it until they touch, then wind them back two notches and that's set correctly.

As you might guess, I'm addicted to coffee - to the point where I get a headache if I don't drink coffee in the morning. :eek:

Pincher handles - yeah, that sounds like Illy and Segafredo:

http://www.illy.com.au/cat/index.cgi/shopfront/view_by_category?category_id=17294

Make sure you are sitting down properly before looking at the prices. :eek:

And these are the Segafredo ones:
http://www.coffeemachine.net.au/accessories/ceramics-cups/segafredo.html

Pretty cheap for what they are - they are quite solid and heavy.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
I've got a lot but these two are my favorite :) I drink coffee a few times a day, every day. COFFEE! :D

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    422.3 KB · Views: 617

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
This is my current favourite mug...
If that's not on Thinkgeek then it ought to be. Brilliant!

Living in Colorado it's an arid climate so a regular coffee mug keeps the contents hot for all of 5-10 minutes and then it's cool (seriously). Here a vacuum double insulated mug is the only way to go. No, not one of those trendy double insulated glass mugs as they don't work at all.

The best, and I mean by a wide margin, is the Thermos Sipp line. I've got the 16oz stainless steel one with a handle but they come without as well and in white. You can tip it upside down and it won't leak when the stopper is closed (push button). When it's open you can drink from any side (360). The top also comes fully apart for cleaning and it's top drawer dishwasher safe (if it'll fit, it's pretty tall). There's also an integrated tea hook if you like bagged or infused tea.

Where it really shines is keeping contents either hot or cold. If hot then it'll keep it at burning temp for at least an hour (I've actually burned myself an hour after I put it in the mug) and then keep it warm for at least 6-8 hours.

I've yet to test out it keeping things cold but from Amazon reviewers it can keep things cold for 24 hours. One reviewer even claimed that it can keep an ice cube for 2 hours.

NS100BK004_Large.png

Last edited:

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
My favorite is from a comic by The Oatmeal.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-01-02 at 12.31.50 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-01-02 at 12.31.50 AM.png
    117.2 KB · Views: 552
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.