Post your FILM Photography...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by acearchie, Jul 10, 2010.

1. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

I have seen over the last few months that there are still many users within this forum who still use film cameras.

I myself have moved from digital to film as I think that it produces a much nicer image (grain vs. noise) also with the expense involved it really makes you think about every composition that much more.

I develop and scan the images myself to keep costs down and really enjoy pulling the negs. from the chemicals knowing that you've got a film that's worked!

Most of my shots have been taken using a Hasselblad 500ELM and I have yet to finish a roll of film on a Konica Autoreflex t4.

I have shot and developed both colour and B&W and tend towards Ilford and Kodak as my favourite films.

Please post your film stories and pictures!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. emorydunn macrumors 6502

emorydunn

I recently got a Mamiya C22 TLR and I've been shooting like crazy with it. I've got the photos over on Flickr if anyone wants to take a look. http://www.flickr.com/photos/emorydunn/sets/72157624217491924/

Following suite, I've shot mostly back and white but some colour and if I remember correctly all the rolls I've shot have been Ilford at varying ISO.

3. acearchie thread starter macrumors 68040

acearchie

Phew! Thought I might be the only one. Really nice shots.

Especially love the Depth of Field on this one:
    [​IMG]

Do you have you camera to compliment your digital?

4. emorydunn macrumors 6502

emorydunn

Thanks. And nope, you're not alone.

That's one of my favourite shots as well. And one of the best part about medium format is the nice depth of field.

And I do have a digital camera (a couple actually) but they're rather old so the medium format scans have way more detail in them :D