Post your *Good* SR MBP Color Profiles here

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tsd57, Jul 5, 2007.

1. tsd57 macrumors newbie

I think we should all have a place to go for some good color profiles, so can everyone dump their good profiles here for reference? I know that most people (myself included) don't have much luck with the Apple color calibration utility. These new MBPs need some calibration...

2. Alloye macrumors 6502a

3. amitface macrumors regular

Not all screens are equal, so some color profiles might not look best on other screens.

Try downloading SuperCal. I used it to calibrate my first MBP and it turned out nice.

http://www.bergdesign.com/supercal/

4. alex.vm macrumors member

haha I tried that on my Samsung screen just for kicks and its really red. I know i probably shouldnt have but it made me laugh.

http://www.macintouch.com/reviews/mbp15led/colorcalib2.zip

thats mine, from macintouch, they said it may not work well on all screens obvoiusly but they used a physical calibration tool if i remember correctly and it works great for my Samsung screen.

this thread is an excellent idea btw

edit: link fixed

5. AbsenceOfTruth macrumors regular

Link is dead. :(

6. AbsenceOfTruth macrumors regular

I have the LG screen as well and I do believe this is the very best so far. Everyone should try it. :D

Attached Files:

7. thebrain74 macrumors regular

I know this is a total newb question, but I haven't done any calibration outside of apple's own utility. How exactly does down utilize the profiles available for download in this thread, I get them, open them, and I don't know how to adjust my display to the values I see.

thanks for the help

8. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Someone posted a color profile that was said to be pretty good for the SR MacBook Pros, I downloaded it when I was considering getting one, maybe it can be of use to someone here.

Attached Files:

9. alex.vm macrumors member

Wow this one worked alright for my Samsung screen, definitely worth the try, can't decide if its better than the one from MacInTouch. Fixed that link BTW.

Oh and you move the file to library>colory sync>profiles then system prefs, displays, colors I believe

10. captan macrumors member

How can I tell which monitor I have (Samsung or something else)? People seem to even know the week their MBP was manufactured. Where do I find this information on my mac?

11. opticalserenity macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the thread, I'm trying these profiles now.

12. Papajohn56 macrumors 6502

I like the Adobe RGB one it came with. It made it almost identical to my Powerbook. It's great

13. magius macrumors regular

same here, samsung screen too, right now i'm choosing the macintouch one because iBookG4user's linked profile seems to blast the contrast a bit more/too much. i'm still on the fence though, more options would be fun to try out. I can't believe I was using the adobe profile prior to changing.

14. Alloye macrumors 6502a

I'm not surprised. I'm sure your Samsung has noticeably different response curves compared to my LG.

15. LaMerVipere macrumors 6502a

LaMerVipere

OOOH this is a good one! Looks great on my LG screen too!

Cheers thanks a lot.

16. KristieMac macrumors 6502a

KristieMac

These are all really helpful. I think I found the perfect one!

17. klex macrumors regular

How the h.... do I use them. I have downloaded them, expanded the one's needing expansion, double-clicked and then nothing happens except a window with the details appear from Colosync, but the display does not change. Help!

18. Gandhi macrumors regular

There you have it.

19. klex macrumors regular

great! thanks!

It looks good, but I like my screen really, really, really, really bright. Anyone have a profile for that?

20. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i calibrated my screen many times, and i can't seem to find a profile i like. this is the latest profile, and i'd appreciate any feedback.

Attached Files:

21. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

Hls811

You should mention your screen model/type as well..

I'd be interested in seeing what people have come up with for the Samsung Matte screens..

22. rosh325 macrumors regular

Thanks!

Just wanted to say thanks so much for the intouch profile. I'm running a SR 15" MBP 2.2ghz with a Samsung display and am very pleased. I can't believe I was using the standard color scheme. I tried using supercal but in the end, the intouch profile worked best

23. gogojuice macrumors member

Here is one that is calibrated with an eye one display 2 that I use for our business. It also matches the 30 ACD display after it was calibrated. EFI 1.3 has also been installed on this mbp. It matches our prints from the printers also so I believe it to be true.

Enjoy.

Attached Files:

24. polycat33 macrumors 6502

Here's mine. Took a while to do and the screen seemed a little too blue after, but really that was just because I was used to it being SO yellow before - now that I've gotten used to the way stuff should really look it seems perfect.

http://rapidshare.com/files/42815747/Color_LCD_Long_Calibration.icc.html

On a month old SR MBP 15" 2.2 ghz matte Samsung display.

25. Mischmasch macrumors newbie

Hey Gogojuice... is your MBP using a LG or Samsung screen... and is it Matte or Glossy?

Thanks!