Post your....HACKINTOSH

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by iTookTheByte, Aug 11, 2011.

1. iTookTheByte macrumors newbie

Hey all! I was browsing around today, and saw that there was no "Post your hackintosh" thread. So, without further ado, please post your Hackintosh! :)

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

3. iTookTheByte thread starter macrumors newbie

Ues they are, unless you use an old Mac Pro case! :D

4. iTookTheByte thread starter macrumors newbie

Whoops, let me rephrase that! Most Hackintosh builds re very ugly, but if you use an old Mac Pro case, they look much better. :D

5. copykris macrumors 6502a

copykris

pretty sure there is

6. iTookTheByte thread starter macrumors newbie

There is? I skimmed though the forum and didn't see one. Sorry for the inconvenience.

7. Zaap macrumors 6502

Actually, I don't think there has been a "Post your Hackintosh" thread- just something like post your Hackintosh geekbench scores. I could be wrong though.

Anyway, here's mine:
    [​IMG]

Yup. That's it in all its glory. This is pretty much all that actually shows of it.

My monitor setup is twin 23" NECs:

[​IMG]

I'm running OSX 10.7 and loving it- this system -in various configurations- has run every version of OSX since 10.5.5 and it's still going strong. Still rocking a Core2 Quad, but I'll eventually upgrade to an i7. I'm waiting on the right Sandybridge/Hackintosh solution first.

I used to have the PC in a standard case that sat inside a closet, but the move to my new smaller 'man cave' led to my reconfiguring it. Why even bother with a PC case that has to go inside the desk, when I may as well just make the desk into the computer case. This solved any airflow and heat problems I may have had otherwise.

When you open the door, here's what the Hackintosh really looks like:

[​IMG]

The motherboard is mounted to an acrylic test bench, and 3 of my hard drives are in their own rack with a 120mm fan strapped to it. (Below the DVD-R). Another hard drive is on the underside of the test bench. I may eventually mount the DVD-R under the lower shelf, but it's not a high priority- I barely use it.