iPad Post your iPad Air 2 Battery Life/Usage screenshot

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JuliusCaesar, Jan 13, 2015.

1. JuliusCaesar macrumors regular

Since its been more than 3 months since its debut, mind posting your battery statistics screenshots here. Personally, I can't complain. Averaging between 10 and 11 hours of normal usage ( Browsing, Netflix, email, games etc. ) Now, the standby time it's great. I can manage 2 or 3 days without charging it. Brightness set to 50% to 60% . I used to get 13 hours out of my old iPad 3, but im still ok with this one. I have the 64GB Cellular version with a T-Mobile plan. :)

image.jpg

2. technosix macrumors 6502a

I follow Apple guidelines for the OEM batteries in my various iOS and OS X gear. With a rare exception I've always enjoyed excellent performance and lifespan from them.

Honestly I don’t bother tracking them closely. I buy my Apple gear to use, enjoy, and not obsess over. :)

3. Mstikes macrumors member

Mstikes

Post your iPad Air 2 Battery Life/Usage screenshot

Really disappointed by my wifi only one Air2 battery life so far. The battery drains fast and it rarely lasts me more than 7 hours. I'm not a big fan of reducing the screen brightness.
    [​IMG]

4. JuliusCaesar thread starter macrumors regular

At what % you set your iPad brightness? That is something that does affects the battery life. From your screenshot it seems like it can go between 9 to 10 hours on that charge.

5. Mstikes macrumors member

Mstikes

I keep my brightness at 90-100%. Like I said I think that below that you lose too much sharpness on the screen.

6. JuliusCaesar thread starter macrumors regular

Well that is probably why you are getting 6 or 7 hours. Maybe lowering it to 70 to 75% can get you 2 or 3 more hours and still is a reasonable good brightness.

7. JuliusCaesar thread starter macrumors regular

At what % you set your brightness? Mind sharing any tricks you have there for such an excellent battery life? Thanks.:)

8. PowerBook-G5 macrumors 65816

PowerBook-G5

I have the brightness anywhere from 1% (early morning/late night) to 100% (lunchtime, midafternoon). WiFi, Bluetooth, location services are all on, all the time. I do kill apps in the background when done with them, but it probably doesn't make too much of a difference. Battle Supremacy, the top item, is a very graphics intensive game that I play often. It pretty much sounds like I'm doing everything to not have good battery life.

9. Mstikes, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2015

Mstikes macrumors member

Mstikes

Post your iPad Air 2 Battery Life/Usage screenshot

1 % brightness ! Might as well turn the screen completely off. I find that anything below 80% brightness makes the screen look subpar.

Safari drains way too much battery even with only one tab open.

10. Simacca macrumors 6502a

Simacca

I have my air 2 on 40% auto, otherwise it's too bright for me. I always get over 11 hours usage time.

11. JuliusCaesar thread starter macrumors regular

This is my latest battery usage time. Spotify was for about an hour. On the heavy side there was Youtube, a graphics intensive game, and a lot of web browsing. Brightness set at 55 to 60 %. Pretty great if you ask me.:)
    image.jpg

12. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

I use auto brightness.

Attached Files:

13. JuliusCaesar thread starter macrumors regular

It's actually getting better and better. Really happy so far ��. Hitting for 14 hours there.
    image.jpg

14. HuRR macrumors member

Just got mine last week. I love it. I set my brightness to about 30-40%.

Attached Files:

15. daydotz macrumors member

That's impressive If I could manage that id be very happy my mini 2 manages around 12hours usage with 3days of standby

16. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Very nice :)

Attached Files:

17. studIOS5 macrumors 6502a

studIOS5

Extremely happy with the battery life. Same as my air 1 was basically.

Attached Files:

18. iKnowMr.Jobs macrumors regular

iKnowMr.Jobs

Been really happy with it thus far. Been getting anywhere between 13 & 14.5 hours a charge. Even when on LTE, I don't see it draining noticable quicker. The A8 is definitely drawing much less power than the A7. I got worse battery life on my Air 1 and that had a bigger battery

Attached Files:

19. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

[MOD NOTE]
    Do you guys who are posting the screen shots are including your email addresses? This may not be what you want, take a look under the iCloud section.