Post your iPad home/lock screens

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iJoeB, Nov 15, 2010.

1. iJoeB macrumors member

Lock Screen:

Home Screen:

:apple:

Attached Files:

2. DaWeav macrumors newbie

DaWeav

Take you pick of these which I use as lock screen, but I wish there was an app that would automatically change the lockscreen picture though; http://www.google.com/images?um=1&h...lpaper&aq=f&aqi=g-sx1g-msx1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

As for home screen, I just use a solid background color since anything else for me causes all the application icons/text to get lost and hard to find/read to my eyes. I'm using a 640x480 image that is blue (RED=0, Green=0, Blue=160, Hue=160, Sat=240, Lum=75). Also, when using a solid color as the iPad background, the iPad gives it the appearance of shading which looks like it's lighter at the top and gets darker towards the bottom of the screen. Give it a try, it's pretty nice.

Another question is what we put on the icon dock bar as our primary six apps! I see you only have five icons right now on the prestigious dock bar placement of glory. My current set of six dock bar icons are, Safari, Flipboard, AppShopper, Mail, Videos, and Settings. Although I will admit that it is a toss up for me to put either Flipboard or River of News on the prestigious dock bar.

3. iJoeB thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I like that idea, I'm holding out for the iOS 4.2 wallpapers for my homescreen because I like the was my lock screen is at this point, the bald eagle wallpapers. My 6th dock app is something I'm trying to figure out, it will be either another Apple built-in (i.e. app store, iTunes store) or it could be my friendly facebook app or pandora for when 4.2 hits the general public's market.

4. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

Lock screen is a modernized Think Different, and the Home Screen is using the default wallpaper from Jaguar.

Attached Files:

5. iJoeB thread starter macrumors member

Very nice! I see you are one of the lucky people with early iOS 4.2 access? Like the folders, if you could give me any updates on the GMb, I would love to hear how it is running. Anyway, like the screens! :cool:

:apple:

6. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

Photo Nov 18, 1 21 27 PM.jpg Photo Nov 18, 1 21 43 PM.jpg

the background matches my iMac so they look nice next to each other

100_0003.jpg

7. LegendKillerUK macrumors 6502

For me it didn't run that well tbh. It could only take 6 or so apps before it began flushing them out of memory and apps regularly loose the animation when opening and closing. Folders were laggier as well than the Beta 3 I had tried before.

8. madams1000 macrumors newbie

Also used for background. Image from Digital Blasphemy

Attached Files:

9. tizzl10, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2010
  10. Cloysterpeteuk, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2010

Cloysterpeteuk macrumors member

Surely it's a crime to make an Apple device look like a Windows machine ;):D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have no lockscreen.

11. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

@Cloysterpeteuk are you jailbroken? I love that you have 9 icons on the bottom as opposed to Apple only giving me 6. Doesn't look too cluttered either. Sweet wallpaper too.

12. Cloysterpeteuk macrumors member

Yeah it's jailbroken, best reason to do it. I use a scrolling dock so there are another nine oft used apps. All my lesser used apps are underneath my dock (swipe up) and page 2 is used for games, With a 6 by 6 layout so I can fit plenty more apps on screen.

13. iJoeB thread starter macrumors member

Well, now we have 4.2.1, which this is just making the process much more complicated. :( I'm hoping that soon though, it'll be on our market :D

14. iJoeB thread starter macrumors member

15. Sixtafoua macrumors 6502

Sixtafoua

I have the same background on my iPhone, iMac, and iPad :)

Attached Files:

16. Crosbie macrumors 6502a

Crosbie

17. ShiftyGray macrumors regular

This is my main screen. Notice the arrangement of the folders so that it looks decent in both portrait and landscape.

Attached Files:

18. Mr. McMac, Nov 21, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2010

Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

Here's mine

Attached Files:

19. LegendKillerUK macrumors 6502

Can you post this wall in the various sizes? :)

20. iJoeB thread starter macrumors member

I've noticed that a lot of people like to match all of their wallpapers, I'll probably do that once I get my iPhone 4 for Christmas :cool: