Post your iPhone4S cosmetic defects here! (must include photos)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Daikyouju, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Daikyouju, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012

Daikyouju macrumors member

Daikyouju

Hello guys, i think this is a nice way to identify the most common defects and group them on a single thread.

Let's begin with mine. Check this pics of my iPhone 4S, notice the back cover is a bit raised (on the camera corner) Is your iPhone 4S the same?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Macdude2010 macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

I wouldn't worry about that too much, mine has it too, also, if it bugs you that much, you can try to reseat the backplate. Now my replacement refurb phone on the other hand has scratches on the screen I didn't cause because the minute I got it I put a protector on it, visable LEDs at the top, and a gap inbetween the plastic rim of the glass and the glass, letting light shine through and leak from that gap, I'm calling apple soon to try to get a brand new replacement

3. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see any "defects" in those photos? :confused: :eek:

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Not just you! I don't see anything, either.

5. tjb1, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012

tjb1 macrumors 68000

A few MM??? 1 mm = .039" which is about 1/32"(.03125") for the imperial people. That gap is at most .005", not a few MM. Get real, people like you are the reason people with real problems cant return anything because you freak out about the tiniest imperfection.

Here is a picture for everyone, take a look...my iPhone...Digital Caliper set to 1mm. Also, I measured the "black lip" at 1.6mm.

Attached Files:

6. Daikyouju thread starter macrumors member

Daikyouju

Please don't get mad. You're right, its probably a tiny imperfection, however if i press it down i can feel it goes in but doesn't snap into place, and its annoying, but, you said yours is the same? What if this becomes worse overtime? :(

7. tjb1 macrumors 68000

No, I did not say mine was the same. I merely stated your misconception of how large a MM is and what a real defect is.

8. Daikyouju thread starter macrumors member

Daikyouju

Wow, you sound like a Genius from Apple Store :) Thanks, hope this don't becomes worse.

----------

[/COLOR]
    Btw, this phone is factory unlocked, 32GB, so you understand how much money i paid for it and thats why i am aware of the slightest defect. Unfortunately i'm overseas and unable to return it or exchange it :(

9. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

Considering all the different variables that could go wrong in the production of these things count yourself very fortunate that you have such a (really)mild problem.