Post your MacBook Pro design ideas here

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zeemeerman2, Feb 21, 2011.

1. zeemeerman2 macrumors 6502

People tend to think about the tech specs a lot. A newer generation means a speed bump, newer technology, bigger RAM, etc...

Some people also think about a whole overhaul of the design of the newer generation computers.

But now, think for a while about the current design and what can be improved. Think about what Apple does differently from other manufacturers. Tell me about the case, the little things. Not just "make it thinner" or "make it lighter" but about the things like the little indicator light that is near invisible when the light is off, or about the glass trackpad no other company has made before.

Think about what can be improved, how it can be improved, and as important: why?

Design is almost never without reason. You can argue about the colour of something being personal choice, but the main characteristics are almost never without reason. For instance, the reason behind the indicator light is simple. If it has to indicate something, it has to be there, indicating something. And it does. But if it doesn't have to indicate something, why does it need to be there? Right, that's why it's nearly invisible when it's not indicating something.

Now about you. What could you improve, and why?

Don't be afraid to post, and I wish you good luck at your design ideas. :)

2. Wafflausages macrumors 6502

Rounder edges? For people complaining that they're too sharp. Personally, I have no problem with them :)

3. kitzuki macrumors regular

kitzuki