Post your MB Aluminum display profiles!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Maven1975, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Maven1975 macrumors 6502a

Hello,

I have been tweaking my display profile without satisfaction. If anyone out there has a good profile, please post it here for all of us to enjoy!

Thanks in advance!

2. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

I use the Adobe RGB one, when you first set it everything is blue, but your eyes adjust.

3. everlast77 macrumors regular

If someone out there has done a new good color-profile for the new alu macbook. Please post it here so I can download and try it.

//Everlast

4. smaug macrumors newbie

I tried Supercal and the advanced mode of Apple's calibration utility; neither worked all that well. Then I did the calibration in simple mode and set the white point for the middle option (6500 I think) and it came out perfect.

Try that.

5. rds macrumors regular

I tried to calibrate it using my Huey Pro and it came out too purple. I got better results calibrating by eye.

It would be interesting to see what a Spyder or EyeOne can do for it.

6. rds macrumors regular

By not using expert mode, you are not modifying the profile at all and D65 is the native white point anyway (you should always use the native white point.)

All you have actually done is set the gamma from 1.8 (default for Mac computers) to 2.2 (the default for practically everything else.) This will make it look less washed out (because you are adding more contrast, making it darker.)

7. smaug macrumors newbie

I didn't say it had done anything magical, just that it looked the best.

8. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

So i did a quick...crude calibration. You guys are welcome to try it out. Place the file in HD>Library>Colorsync>Profiles>Displays

Enjoy

Attached Files:

9. everlast77 macrumors regular

That one was much better than the default on.

Come on people, I know there are more of you out there who can do great color profiles. Please post them !!

//Everlast

10. sammy2066 macrumors 6502a

I just saw the new MacBook at the Apple Store ... the screen is dismal. It looks even more dismal after you see the screens on the MacBook Pros ....

Someone please tell me they have calibrated their screens and made them look better. I was in the store to get the 2.4Ghz MacBook, but they did not have any stock. I can afford the MacBook Pro, but 15" really kills it for me. The 13" form factor is what I need the most.

11. Dairyman macrumors member

i messed with it but the primary one looks better than the one that i did

12. budkid macrumors regular

looks good...a little bluer..

13. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Really i thought it was too blue as is.

I made another adjustment although it probably isnt much but i think its the setting i'll be sticking with. TBH the display is subpar and i'm disappointed that Apple shipped it but its better than last gen's screen which was just plain atrocious

Enjoy

EDIT: Macrumors wont let me attach the files

EDIT II: Now works.

Attached Files:

14. Sowelu macrumors regular

Sowelu

15. theoski macrumors member

It is definitely washed out. I kept messing with the color settings all day. What I noticed is that it is actually better with lights out in the dark. The minute there is more light it actually gets worst.

My eyesight is not what it used to be so it is even worse for me. My previous dell with ubuntu was perfect.

I guess I need to look at MBP or MBA. What sucks I got used to the new keyboard and the touch pad so when I tried the old MBP I was a bit turned off :(

The store new MBP seemed better but there is no way to test it without actually getting one. These Apple Stores are really bright.

16. Vric macrumors newbie

I received mine today and I ran Spyder 2 Pro calibration on it. This monitor is WAY off out of box. Also.. the bad viewing angle make it difficult to have great result. If you look dead at the perfect angle, the LCD is quite good, but else, there is a red shift after calibration (was blue before. way too blue!) and color look washed.

So here is my ICC from professional calibrator. Be ready for a bid difference, but I trust my calibrator.

P.S. Brightness was set at about 75%

Attached Files:

17. anish3232 macrumors member

18. theoski macrumors member

Just tried it and it is still far from perfect.

One thing looks great though. Play any hd trailer, but that might be the glossy screen.

19. Vric macrumors newbie

No it's far from my 2 24" I have as main PC (yea not a full Mac Guy), but my pictures are looking similar at least (I'm graphic designer, but I will not do professional work with the Macbook)

20. budkid macrumors regular

21. rds macrumors regular

The Spyder2 seems to come up with something similar to my Huey Pro. They are both too purple.

Default profile at 2.2 seems to be the most acceptable as the default profile retains detail and the extra contrast makes it look less washed out.

22. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

I havent heard about this.

Someone explain

I think my screen looks great as it is.....

23. everlast77 macrumors regular

I can't open your file, it doesn't become a .icc profile

//Everlast

24. Vric macrumors newbie

extension got lost in the transfer to my PC. just add .icc to it.