Post Your Minecraft Creations

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by icloud, Mar 21, 2011.

1. icloud, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2011

icloud macrumors 6502

Inviting MacRumors members to post screen-caps of their Minecraft Creations.

Here's an aerial photo of my city taken with MCMap Live:

[​IMG]

2. mvkVirtual macrumors regular

Just gone done building my new home/base. The design from the front is almost identical to a creation I saw posted online :eek: but I changed the sides, roofs and also designed the entirety of the interior and floors by myself. Quite Proud of the final product!

Included for bonus points is some pics of my interior design and construction :D

Attached Files:

3. cripplerking macrumors member

cripplerking

^Have you thought about using stairs for your wooden roof? Tends to create a smoother slope, looks much nicer

4. mvkVirtual macrumors regular

Yeah I did use stairs on the front hut bit in the end, but I thought it would be too much to use it all over the roof. I tried it on a smaller area and figured that I would stick with standard blocks, its too high to see properly from ground level anyway :cool:

Thanks for the suggestion :D

5. Cheruman macrumors member

Cheruman

6. Blakeco123 macrumors regular

Blakeco123

7. jamesfc macrumors newbie

8. Krovem macrumors 6502

Krovem

I will post mine soon. But how do you build modern looking buildings?

9. mvkVirtual macrumors regular

Following up from my previous post, that area annoyingly turned into a very snowy biome after the updates :p I used my old :apple: PowerMac G4 to set up a server, and on one of the worlds started a project with a friend to build yet another mansion based on a design we saw online (credit to Rahzahm).
    This one however is on a much larger scale, (53 x 45 x 34) and is an ongoing project. So far, the front, roof, towers and base are finished. As of now, it has no sides or interior but I will post what we have so far :D
    I (danlat) following a brief plan built the house by hand.
    My friend (MaxiMillionH94) created a brilliant creeper themed carpet which is unfinished thus far!

Attached Files:

10. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

My giant Creeper, my little cottage, and our strip club we made. :)

Attached Files:

11. mvkVirtual macrumors regular

This. It is the outside view of a complex for a custom puzzle map that me and my friend hand built (the same one who helped me build the mansion).

I can't post a link here I don't think, but google 'Rd Laboratories minecraft' and our map is the first result! Lots more pictures over there. A trailer is also available.

Attached Files:

12. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

[​IMG]

Castle
    (Built into the mountain. The entire mountain inside is hollowed out and is part of the castle.)

---

[​IMG]

Lighthouse

------

And I don't play on Creative mode, I play on Survival mode. So creating all these supplies and building is a pain in the butt, but rewarding! I had to create an entire Sheep farm for the wool to build my Light House!

13. Ddyracer macrumors 68000

Ddyracer

Why don't you play in fullscreen mode?

14. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

How???

Here are just a couple of mine. I play every once in a while. This game has really helped pass the time while I'm away.

My house in Survival Mode. I died so many times while building this thing. Its literally on top of a tree, I climb vines to get to it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of my skyscrapers in Creative Mode. I've built more buildings around it since these pics were taken. None this tall though.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

Press "Alt-Fn-F11" To go to full screen mode

16. STidrvr macrumors member

All of the buildings are built with resources Ive mined or harvested. No cheating here except flying and map mod.

This is my little village. Each small house has different chests the larger house is my sleeping area and holds chests that have to be moved yet.

[​IMG]

Heres a tower I made to match my houses.

[​IMG]

This is my automatic sugar cane farm. A press of a button and the top two stack are sheered off by pistons. It leaves the bottom stack so it can re grow

[​IMG]

And heres my sand duplicator. It takes advantage of the falling properties of sand and is able to duplicate it. Its not a hack as it works in the Vanilla version of MC.

[​IMG]

This is one of my biggest projects. My auto harvesting wheat farm. A press of a button and water flows harvesting all the wheat. The wheat is then fed to a stream with a collection area at the end.

[​IMG]

My most recent project is a tree farm. A single sappling is planted the the use of bone meal instanly grows the tree. Once the tree grows a sensor is activated pushing the tree forward while pistons on the other three sides shear the leaves giving more sapplings. Once a row makes it 11 trees long another set of pistons is activated pushing trees to an automatic "liner Upper" thingy.

[​IMG]

17. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

Thanks!

18. Arkious macrumors 6502a

Arkious

Will have to get some pics from my server, it's amazing what ur imagination can do ^.^

19. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

A bit of an update now that I finished my Empire State Building, the tallest building I've made yet. You can also see some of the newer smaller buildings too. I even have quite a few villagers roaming around the city, doing their thing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My new tallest building, the Empire State, as compared to my old tallest building on the right. The building on the right is 100 units tall. I still have to count how high the Empire State is, not really sure at this moment.
    [​IMG]

And a nice shot of the spire
    [​IMG]

I did add a new addition to the bluish building, as I made that as a "hotel", I thought it could use a pool. Running on this level seed, the ground isn't very deep at all. This pool, even though raised 1 unit, is only 1 unit above bedrock, making it 2 units above the void.

[​IMG]

20. Mavrack macrumors member

Mavrack

Dont ask... Lets just say I like building cities :eek:
    [​IMG]

21. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

Now that is pretty awesome. I hope to make my city look something like that. Was the terrain there when you started or was your world flat and you made it look that way?

22. Mavrack macrumors member

Mavrack

Thanks :). The terrain was like that when I started in survival mode in the beta, but eventually I wanted to lower the height level so I transfered it to creative mode with superflat settings. Best of luck to you if you make a city ;).

23. STidrvr macrumors member

Mavrack, how do you get an image of the whole map like that?

I've tried the cartography program with not much luck. Thanks.

24. Mavrack macrumors member

Mavrack

I used Cartography. Took me a while to get it working but I finally got it to work. That was on my windows PC however. Still haven't tried it on a Mac. Best of luck to you!