Post your most damaged apple device

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by dark knight, Nov 1, 2010.

1. dark knight macrumors regular

Post pics of your most damaged apple device, surely extra points for it being fully functioning.
    I present my friends iPhone that has been in daily use in this condition for about six months, the touch screen still works perfectly!

Attached Files:

2. boontech macrumors newbie

They dont bounce

Setting a projector up at work and i was using my top of the range core 2 duo 15" for a image source. could just not get am image working then i noticed my macbook pro not where i left it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The outside was only half the story, DVD drive would go nuts every few minuets and performance dropped.

On the upside my insurance company were more than happy to get me the 15" i7.

3. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

its way to early in the morning to take pics but my old ipod (from 2 years ago) the battery expanded and basically is making the metal morph to a new form.

4. Nuttydev macrumors 6502

Not mine, but someone I know. :p My most damaged device was my iPhone 3G, though I don't have pictures since I don't have it anymore. Just a bunch of scratches, scuffs and dents on the back. Also my old Macbook Pro had a broken M key (no idea how :rolleyes:, fixed it though) some scratches and the panel with the trackpad/keyboard on was a bit off.

Attached Files:

5. zildjansg macrumors 6502

6. rkmac macrumors 6502

rkmac

7. ViviUO macrumors 6502

This thread makes me want to cry.

Although it's pretty cool to see the OP's phone still works.

8. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Where are the rest? ;) I have a few small scratches on my MacBook and iPod, but that's about it.

9. Reventon macrumors 6502

I have a few scratches on my MBP. But I don't think that counts. :eek:

10. 3runjosh macrumors member

same thing happened to mine. the gpu went from that nvidia issue which later triggered the motherboard to go. since the motherboard went I have tried apple help twice and both times been rejected -5 respect for apple service and -5 respect for dead pixel policy. not far off switching back to pcs :O (Bites fingernails) anyway that mbp 2007 i bought was a giant waste of 3grand. lasted 13 months (just out of warranty). I treat my things with over care as well. I don't even put it down on a table that has not been cleaned

11. zildjansg macrumors 6502

mine was over 3 years when it died.:( and regret extending an apple care.it was my first intel mac.

12. Transporteur macrumors 68030

They replaced my motherboard without any hesitation, well I had AppleCare, but even without AC, they should have replaced it because they officially admitted the faulty graphics card to be a manufacturing flaw.

Next time, just try another AASP or Apple Store. Some of them are just stupid.

13. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

No pic, but totally smashed iPhone 3GS. Spiderweb crack across the whole screen and would only turn on white. And all I did was fall over! :eek:

14. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

iPod 4G that I unfortunately don't have images anymore, but 4JNA may since he bought it.

Lets just say this. Ex and I have argument. iPod giving me trouble. iPod on desk while talking with ex. Add in fist.

15. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Ugh, where to begin.

I've got a 2G iPod mini that is held together by duct tape on the ends. It kind of works...sort of. :eek:

Also got a white iBook G3 that is on its last leg, has every issue that model was known to have. :p

16. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

Here is when i dropped my macbook pro and the screen smashed. Got a new screen, installed and she is running fine again! It was incredibly easy to install.

Attached Files:

17. Love macrumors 68000

Love

18. ghostshadow macrumors regular

ghostshadow

My lady friend's iPad. She hit it on the bathroom scale.. Getting up from... "reading".

[​IMG]
    -------
    [​IMG]

19. 184550 Guest

Well, that's the only logical thing she could have been doing in there, because, as we all know... ;)

20. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I have a 5 gen iPod with video that I dropped from about 5 feet to a granite floor. Still works, but the screen is cracked and part of it is unreadable.

Attached Files:

21. Benguitar Guest

Benguitar

iPhone 4

Touch screen, cameras and volume/silence buttons worked but the sleep wake button was toast.

Didn't check the speaker/mic though. Got a replacement one now.

[​IMG]

I only took one photo, But the top of the phone was bent, in a slight V shape, The tops of both the front and back panels were disconnected from the unibody.

22. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

Hmmm... my camera is so bad that it doesn't show up, but my iPod touch 2G in my sig has three cracks on the screen and like 50 deep scratches. The back has been rubbed with steel wool until it looked sort of like a MBP. The headphone jack doesn't work and the speaker is going.

23. iDutchman macrumors 6502a

I had a beautiful iPhone first Generation 8GB lying around in perfect condition. Absolutely nothing on it. Great for later:)

Until a disaster happened yesterday. I took it out of it's little comfy place it's been in for like 2 years already. And I accidentally dropped it (!)..

It was in perfect condition. The back still looks good, though.

Attached Files:

24. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

It looks fine, but my late 2008 MBP has had the logic board replaced twice ($1700), battery cover replaced ($50), both fans replaced ($150), clutches ($80). Parts alone=$2000, all covered under warranty. Always buy AppleCare.

[​IMG]

Part of it could be that it's the first version of the unibody MBPs.

25. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

Fans for $150? :eek:

It'd be awesome if Apple wrote you a check for the labor if you fixed your computer yourself.