Post Your Most Prized Possession

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by NiKeZz, Jan 5, 2011.

1. NiKeZz macrumors 6502

NiKeZz

I have been packing my things up at my parents house as they are moving to Kansas from Louisiana and came across my most prized possession. I came on here to take a look and see if there was any threads of the sort and didn't find one so I decided to start one myself. Go ahead and post a picture and a brief description of your most prized possession. I'll Start... :D

Autographed New Orleans Saint's Jersey. Autographed in Fall of 2009 by 6 Super Bowl Champions ;). Also note I am one of the biggest New Orleans fan's you will ever find. I come from the aint's era, no bandwaggon here!
    [​IMG]

2. tjsdaname, Jan 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2011

tjsdaname macrumors 6502

have not figured up the total investment. mainly because I am scared to lol

[​IMG]

3. kolax macrumors G3

It's 8 inches. And I think it would be highly inappropriate to post it here.

4. TheOnlyJon macrumors 6502a

TheOnlyJon

Alright, this is tough for me to say...being a HUGE Colts fan...but that's a pretty cool piece :) I go to Purdue and since Drew Brees did some fine work at Purdue himself, the Saints are my second favorite team ;)

5. NiKeZz thread starter macrumors 6502

NiKeZz

Yes I can understand your swallowing of your pride to say that. My cousin got his Michael Vick Virginia Tech Jersey autographed two weeks ago by Michael Vick. This thing is like a child to me. It gets a dusting daily. Also have an authentic Super Bowl Lance Moore Jersey boxed up in a giant ziplock bag in my car with a lock on it. That things my second child. ;)

6. NiKeZz thread starter macrumors 6502

NiKeZz

hahaha thats hilarious, for a second there i thought you were talking about this... Stanley

7. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Kindergarten is the other way. :rolleyes:

8. PlaysARobin macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

The dream on my wall as long as I had been playing.

I present to you, my Eleanor.

[​IMG]

9. buyusfear, Jan 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2011

buyusfear macrumors 6502

My 1956 Gibson Les Paul Junior.
    Not only does it sound soo good, but its such a nostalgic trip every time I pick it up.

[​IMG]

10. thefnshow macrumors regular

2009 kmyco super 8 150cc scooter

Attached Files:

• pic1.jpg
      pic1.jpg
      File size:
      304.3 KB
      Views:
  11. macquariumguy macrumors 6502a

I'm not really a gun person, so I guess it's a bit odd that my "prized possessions" are a pair of pistols.

[​IMG]

.45 Colt Single Action Army, matching numbers (very low 5 digit serial) built in 1875.

Don't know where it was the first 20 years, but it was returned to Colt on 1/31/1896 and then issued to Thomas C. Williams of Troop I, 1st US VOL Cav. That was Teddy Roosevelt's Rough Riders. It appears it went back to Colt again in 1902 for another refurbish where it disappeared until my dad bought it at a pawn shop in the 50s when he came home from Korea. Some of my earliest memories regarding firearms are shooting this pistol with my dad at the range and barely being able to hold on to it. I was still shooting it occasionally up until a couple years ago when I found out about its history.

There's no way to know exactly how much it's worth without actually attempting to sell it, but it's a nice chunk of change. Enough that I keep it in our safe deposit box at the bank.

The other pistol isn't worth much, but has tremendous sentimental value. It was my dad's service pistol during the years he was a uniformed policeman. When dad graduated to plain clothes detective work, mom sent this off and had it engraved from one end to the other.

[​IMG]

Beautiful pistol, and I can't hit the broad side of a barn with it. Don't know why, but I've never been good with this one.

12. pagansoul macrumors 65816

pagansoul

My Precious, but I guess he really owns me. Everyone knows, cats rule and dogs drool.

Attached Files:

13. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Luxo and Ender...my 2 labs

Attached Files:

14. PlaysARobin macrumors newbie

Nice Jr. Buyusfear.. I've always had a thing for those. It's probably the nostalgia factor for myself as well.

Also dig the /13. Not sure I've heard many of those sound bad.

15. eye macrumors 6502a

eye

Your animals are possessions? My cats would sure be ticked if I considered them equal to guns and atvs.

Mine. Addiction is crazy.

[​IMG]

16. spencers macrumors 68020

spencers

Yeah, because they're cats. Cats ≠ dogs.

I'd consider my black lab my prized possession. Why? I bought and paid for it. I own it, so therefore, I possess it.
    [​IMG]

17. eye macrumors 6502a

eye

You don't own living things unless you're a savage. I guess, by your logic, your mom owns you since she paid some medical bills for the delivery. Cats < dogs? What are we? Six years old? All animals are cool with me.

18. Corey Grandy macrumors 6502

Possession, in this context, is defined as the state of having, owning, or controlling something. Being that we do own our pets and we do indeed control them, we possess them. in that logic, yes, we are possessions of our parents so long as they control us.

I really think it's just not worth the bickering that seems to have started.

This shot is just too cute to warrant getting a newer one. He's 6 months now, this picture was taken when he was about 1 month. They grow up so fast :p
    [​IMG]

19. ranviper macrumors 6502a

ranviper

The word of God. Nothing on earth is more precious.

[​IMG]

20. akkkmed macrumors 6502

A fellow Detroiter? :eek:

21. cuestakid macrumors 68000

Its not that he owns you-its just that we live in their world, not visa versa

22. JDMFSeanP macrumors regular

I wouldn't exactly say my most prized but definitely one of the coolest freaking things I own

[​IMG]