Post Your Non-Sports Band Order Status Here

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ericgtr12, Apr 22, 2015.

1. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

So far, the only movement we're seeing is for sports bands, there are several threads on that. This thread is for those with any other band, please share the model and any status change.

2. tkukoc macrumors 6502a

tkukoc

I have two orders in my account one for the watch (cancelled by Apple, they are working on fixing that, so they say) and one for the 42mm loop. I'm starting to think if you ordered a band separately you will not get the watch until that band is ready to ship or close to it. Seems to be that way for a lot of people, extremely disappointed in this preorder.

3. ericgtr12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Yeah, they're obviously shipping based on availability and not dates. Would've been nice to have had some sort of idea of inventory before pressing the order button. It's like a lottery system for the buyer.

4. tkukoc macrumors 6502a

tkukoc

Agreed, it's pretty sad. If I was standing in line at the Apple store at the front I would have got my watch first. But according to their online system, if I was standing at the front they would have just picked some random dude in the middle. Unreal! For how good Apple is at designing products, they have horrible customer/shipping services.

5. John6Plus macrumors 6502

John6Plus

Have you ever ordered anything from Apple before?

1) We are still two days ahead of the launch date.
    2) Even the first orders said 4/24 - 5/8
    3) Maybe Apple assumed you'd order what you wanted as opposed to what you could get a few days earlier.
    4) Apple has a fantabulous shipping record. I ordered my 6+ at 3:45 EDT and was placed in the 2nd group, with an earliest estimated delivery of Oct 1. It arrived on Sep 25. Launch day was the 19th, but they beat their stated estimate by a week.

6. ericgtr12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Fantabulous may be a bit strong. Take a look around these boards, we have people whose orders were pushed out to June now getting billed and statuses changed to "preparing for shipment".

Furthermore, how is it that the largest corporation on the planet that boasts 453 retail stores in 16 countries starts a brand new product line with online orders only? Just WTF are Apple employees doing on the 24th, spot cleaning their blue shirts?

While I get that not everyone agrees, this is by far the most botched roll out Apple has ever made.

7. tkukoc macrumors 6502a

tkukoc

I've ordered tons of stuff from them, it's across the board horrible. When I ordered my iphone 5 it took forever for them to ship that even though I ordered day 1 within 5 minutes of release. I said nope with 5s I'll go to the store and get it. Then 6 plus came out and I was once again sucked into thinking online would be quicker, took a month for it show up and missed my shipping date twice on their end. And now the Apple watch, a product they should have had plenty to meet demand after all their long winded hype keynotes. But alas, they screwed up and cancelled my order the other day and I had to call them. I was told it is on their end and they apologized, meanwhile I sit here waiting and waiting for them to reinstate my device with nothing changed. It's pretty nutty to think a company with so many amazing devices can't get their act together when shipping out products. I've never had this many issues with a company and yet I love their stuff. If it was any other company I would have stopped buying their stuff years ago. And believe me my time is running thin on their nonsense to a point I may not purchase any further stuff from them if they can't fix a simple software error on their end. They can see I didn't cancel the order myself and the money from my account paid for the item, yet it still shows cancelled so I'm in limbo. It's garbage that people who ordered way later get their devices before people like myself who ordered with in a minute of release.

Anyway, guess I should give them a call again for the third time today.

8. catalyst6 macrumors 6502a

catalyst6

Ordered a 42mm stainless steel version with classic leather band. It just went to preparing for shipment this evening and I was charged.

I live in Germany and ordered at about 9:07am.

9. John6Plus macrumors 6502

John6Plus

Different experiences I guess. They've been exceptional with how prompt they've been with all of my online orders (3 iPhones from them, 4 iPods, 3 Macs). They even did well when I had a miscommunication with my wife and almost returned an iPod she had ordered.

Ugh, really? They're not going to know any more than you do.

It's hard to predict demand in an entirely new category of product (they sold more watches in the first day than the entire history of Android Ware watches combined).

I'm predicting most of us will get them much earlier than we are currently expecting, and I'd be shocked if more than a small few got theirs after the "end" date of their estimated arrival.

----------

The worst thing you said above is that people who weren't expecting their watches until June are now getting them, possibly on release day. Much better to under promise and over deliver. They clearly misread the demand for the breakdown of models.

I don't think we can call it a botched roll out when we're still two days before the roll out.

10. ericgtr12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Fair enough, we'll have to wait and see I guess. However, from what we've seen thus far, promised dates mean nothing. It's all about inventory and I do get that, just seems like those who worked to get their orders put into a queue are getting the short end of the stick.

11. John6Plus macrumors 6502

John6Plus

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1871087

12. ericgtr12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

"Many" is obviously subjective. There are people who have put in their orders on the 15th now getting a "Dispatch" status. Of course if that "Many" included my watch I wouldn't be whining right now. :p

13. leeingham macrumors 6502

I ordered a sports band but put to ship when the watch was ready as I believe a lot of people will have done. I don't want a band without a watch I can't use as seems pointless to me

14. Jamesk811 macrumors 6502

42mm SS with BSB still processing. I'll give it another 12 hours before giving up home.

Either way my wife's sport with white band is being shipped for Friday so she will et me wear that until mine comes as she's not as hyped up about it as I am :)