Post your recent embarrassing situation! (And see if it outdoes mine!)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by chrono1081, Nov 27, 2011.

1. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Hi guys,

As the title states, post something embarrassing that happened to you recently! (I could have sworn a thread similar to this was created but I couldn't find it).

Mine was this, it happened this morning:

I was in bed sleeping, and I was awoken by the sound of something hitting against my bedroom window. (I'm on the second story of my apartment building so something being able to reach my window is odd. )

It was hot the night before so I kicked all my blankets off while I was sleeping. In my groggy state I rolled over to see what was hitting against my window and saw a painter outside my window painting the trim around my window with a startled look on his face. I was so tired I didn't care and just grabbed a blanket and rolled back over and went back to sleep.

What makes this story embarrassing you ask? ...I don't sleep with clothes on (and we all know the... ahem phenomenon that happens to guys in the morning).:eek::eek::eek:

In my defense I didn't expect painters to be there since my windows have been literally repainted like 12 times this year but it was funny none-the-less. They were gone by the time I woke up a second time. :p

Whats your embarrassing story? Is it worse than mine?

2. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

bahahh this could be an interesting thread. I am not going to bite into this...yet.

3. tktaylor1 macrumors 6502a

tktaylor1

Oh God. I don't have an embarrassing story, but even if I did, I highly doubt it would top that. lolz

4. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

maybe he was knocking to get your attention ... and painted 12 times this year?

He definitely likes you

5. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Haven't done anything really stupid lately, not counting joining MR.

Have one from about 40 years ago, that still makes me smile. :)

6. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

I'll bite into this.

Saw my friend's step-mother (who is rather hot) come out of the bathroom, pretty much naked. After a brief silence I said, "We ought to stop meeting like this."

She frowned at me and hurried off to the bedroom.

7. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Mine is nowhere near as embarassing as yours, nothing can top a nudity story. But here's mine...

This happened 4 days ago on thanksgiving. Normally, we go to my aunt's house and i have a VERY loud family so you basically have to scream for anyone to hear you. This year we wen't to my sister's in-laws' house, and their family is VERY quiet. The mashed potatoes started going around and my mom says to me quietly "if i made mashed potatoes like this, you and your sister would crucify me". Well, i had a little alcohol in me already and i wasn't used to this kind of silence, so i loudly exclaim "please mom, you used to make mashed potatoes this sh***y before you switched to an electric mixer!"

EVERYONE heard it! My mom looked at me with a startled look on her face. Luckily my sister's fiance's parents were in the kitchen so they didn't hear it. Instead of not saying anything and hoping not many people heard it, my sister exclaims "dude wtf is wrong with you?!", in the typical way my family does. I was so frickin embarrassed. Needless to say his quiet relatives were startled at my family's bluntness. :eek:

8. tktaylor1 macrumors 6502a

tktaylor1

Does your family happen to be Italian?

9. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Nah, Ukrainian, just as bad!

10. tktaylor1 macrumors 6502a

tktaylor1

hmm, I know a few people from the Ukraine and they are pretty loud.

11. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Yeah, i'm still embarrassed about 4 days later, i think about it daily. I'm just glad the people who made the mashed potatoes didn't hear it. That's what i'm thankful for this year. :D

12. chrono1081 thread starter macrumors 604

chrono1081

Oh come on, sharing is caring :p

Ya thats the weird part, every time the guy was painting it was my apartment :confused: Thats not an exaggeration either. The first time the painters painted there was a note on the front door of the apartment building telling all the tenants the day and time, then after that initial paint they kept coming back but I'd only notice the guy around my windows :eek: There is so much paint a few of them have been painted shut and I can't get them open.

LMAO!!!

Don't you love how alcohol amplifies a quiet whisper :p

13. geekgirl macrumors regular

How about having your pants rip on part of the car seat when you get into the car to do an errand? Not so bad, you say? Try not realizing they were split from waistband to below the pocket until AFTER you get back into the car.

The only thing that made this less embarrassing is the fact that I was wearing a longer coat which maybe just might have been covering the lovely flowered panties I was wearing.

Luckily I didn't get back to work before discovering the nice split...

14. imahawki macrumors 6502a

My moment happened a few weeks ago. I have a very underdeveloped sense of shame and embarrassment but this one got me. We had an event at church for my 7 year old that my wife ASSURED me required both parents to attend. I didn't want to go in the first place but when it came time to leave I had to leave during the game I was watching. Then we get there and of course, it is 97% ONLY moms there with their kids. Maybe 2 dads and 4 other couples out of 80 kids. The rest is ALL moms. So I'm still pretty pissed and this made me even more pissed, so I turn to my wife and say wow, its a shame all these broken, single-parent homes.

Right when this all starts to come out of my mouth a woman sits down with her kid and here's me say it. She turns a little red (not sure why, I was the one being the passive aggressive *******) and starts to explain how her husband couldn't come because he was at home with their newborn twins who are both on heart monitors.

To quote Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men, "Well don't I feel like the ****in' *******."

15. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

I hate window surprises. I live in a high rise a hundred or so feet up and you'd think this would get me out of window surprises™ but no. We have window and balcony washers.

WindowSurprise.jpeg

Generally though I get some warning with the dangling ropes but the first time I was walking in from another room and jumped when I saw a man dangling there in front of my balcony. The second time I got the rope warning and took that photo.

As for these embarrassing stories, I'm afraid I have MANY but most I just don't feel like sharing. :p Oh OK, here's one:

When I was 12 for some stupid reason I thought I'd ask a boy to a school dance. He said no. In response yelled in his face "I WAS JUST KIDDING ANYWAY!" and ran away.
    The next week we were paired in some class project when I had a raging cold. While talking I formed an accidental snot bubble from my nose, confirming his good choice in not going to a dance with me.

16. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

A friend of my wife accidentally sexted her mother in law instead of her husband. :eek:

17. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Freudian Slip?? :eek:

I kid....Sexting is just an accident waiting to happen. Seriously.

18. soco macrumors 68030

soco

This made me smile. :)

19. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

I sent an explicit text to my brother in law instead of my wife (a line from an old NWA song if you must know), but I was able to recover since it was guy to guy and he understands. However, I thought the mother in law thing was way more embarrasing. I couldn't imagine how I would feel if something like that happened to me. I'd never be able to look my mother in law in the eye again. :eek:

20. tktaylor1 macrumors 6502a

tktaylor1

It really is, especially how smart phones are set up. To send a picture message on my phone you have to press a menu button while the picture is on the screen, and when you press the menu button all of these options pop up for where you can send it. The Facebook option is right under the text message option. That is an accident waiting to happen.

21. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

22. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker