Post your Screenshots about how you use Mission Control

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by baryon, Jul 25, 2011.

1. baryon macrumors 68040

baryon

Now that we've had some time to get used to Mission Control, and we cried about losing Spaces and Exposé and no longer being able to set up our workflow the way we want, lets move on and see what we can do with what's left of window management: Mission Control.

I want to see everyone's Mission Control setup.
    Post a screenshot of how you normally set up Mission Control, with all your regular apps running and arrange the way you like.

• Do you have everything that you can in Full Screen?
    • Do you have 16 desktops?
    • Do you have one desktop with everything?
    • Do you keep making new desktops and deleting them on the fly?
    • Do you enjoy it?

Annotate your screenshots if you can, as it's hard to see those tiny thumbnails at the top.

Here's mine:
    Screen Shot 2011-07-25 at  copy.jpg

2. TheJing macrumors 6502a

TheJing

I always use full screen and just swipe between them. Pretty convenient.

3. James Cole macrumors 6502

How do you use full screen with programs that do not have the arrows in the top right corner like safari and mail?

Also how can you have multiple desktops??

4. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

- Do you have everything that you can in Full Screen?

No, I don't like full screen. Like to see what's going on and don't need that focus mode for anything. And on a big monitor it's kind of useless to have something like Mail on full screen and see 80% of white nothingness everywhere.

- Do you have 16 desktops?
    - Do you keep making new desktops and deleting them on the fly?

No, I only use one. I find switching between desktops quite annoying since there are animations and it just takes longer. When I switch to an app I want it there right away. The visual indicator that it's on some other space doesn't really make sense to me.

- Do you have one desktop with everything?

Yes :cool:

- Do you enjoy it?

I find MC a lot easier to use than Spaces. Spaces was only useful when you had a few applications open. With many apps that all have many windows, it turned into a huge overview of tiny screens that you couldn't differentiate anyways. At least now I can quickly spot the right app and go from there.

But most of the time I use CMD + Tab for app switching, or Option + Tab for between apps or app windows using Witch. This little app is more useful to me than Spaces or MC can ever be.

[​IMG]

5. baryon thread starter macrumors 68040

baryon

Those apps don't support full screen, so you can't use them in full screen!

Move your mouse to the top right corner while you're in Mission Control (or press Alt) and a "+" button will appear. Just click that. Alternatively, you can drag a window to that button and it will create a new desktop and place the dragged window into it.

6. Scott56R Guest

Scott56R

On a 13'' MacBook Pro Safari and Reeder are fantastic..

[​IMG]

7. jcu macrumors newbie

on the mbp 15' like this, desktop two and three are for word processing or bridge and photoshop.

on the pro two screens, still on SL. I really like fullscreen apps although I normally don't constantly have them in fullscreen except mail and ical. But as long as Lion is not improved for dual screen set-up I won't switch.

Attached Files:

8. jbjones85, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011

jbjones85 macrumors member

maybe this has been discussed but how do you alternate full screen apps and "extra" desktops? I would really like to be able to do this but I can not figure it out and i'm sure its super simple.

Thank you everyone.

9. surjavarman macrumors 6502a

I am guessing you are never writing emails. Cause how you ever could use mail in fullscreen mode is beyond me. Completely

The only fullscreen app I use is itunes right now. I am still waiting for chrome to be lion friendly.

10. gentlefury macrumors 68030

I keep mail and safari in full screen....doesn't bother me at all.