Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bigtree

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
I'm interested in getting a third party monitor to set next to my iMac. So what does your set-up look like?

pk0

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2009
hey, i was contemplating the same thing for three weeks now. hope this thread helps us both. :D

Agreed. I have been looking at reviews and looked through almost all of the Setup threads but still can't decide. I think it would be nice. Like post a picture with what you think of the monitor. :confused:

raymondkerr

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
heres my triple screen iMac setup. 2 19" monitors from my old PC setup. Both connected using DVI, one to the display port on the rear of the iMac, and the other via a USB to DVI X-LINK adapter.

DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

raymondkerr

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
yeah its not bad. I had a couple of issues with the early beta drivers, but the new drivers available now from DisplayLink appear to work better. For general work, web design and video it works great. You do notice lag when the screen saver is on, it doesn't cope well with 3D, but for everything else it works great.

When I upgraded to snow leopard, I had to reinstall the new DisplayLink beta driver, but now it works fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.