Post your SSD Performance on Stock Apple Early 2011 MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macduke, Feb 26, 2011.

1. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

Post your read and writes for stock SSD!

As I eagerly await the arrival of my new MBP with 128GB SSD, I'd like to hear from you guys! What sort of speeds are you getting on stock Apple SSD? I believe you can use apps like AJA System Test to benchmark. I've heard varying numbers. Some I'm not sure if they are MacBook Air blade drives or not, which will probably make a difference. So far on the newer machines I think they are around 260 read 210 write. I think the older models did around 200 read and maybe 160 write? Just based off something I heard a while back. Anyway, please throw out some of your numbers for those of us waiting!

Either way it will still beat the crap out of my current 5400RPM HDD. Should be good for a $90 upgrade until I get something a bit more substantial next year, probably from OWC or similar.

Thanks!

2. macduke thread starter macrumors 604

macduke

This is getting sad. I was just googling "apple 128gb ssd performance" and this was the top result. Even with no replies! Surely somebody has run some benchmarks on these new machines. Please somebody help!

3. white-usagi macrumors newbie

I'll have my BTO 15" in a few days. Happy to run some benchmarks if someone hasn't already by then.

4. Tamasi macrumors member

I guess the 128gb SSD machines online come BTO, and none of the people who ordered a BTO machine simply have received it yet. i'm afraid we'll have to wait until Tuesday at least..

5. Woutje macrumors member

I ordered one as well with the BTO SSD. Hope to get it soon in the mail.

Which benchmark tools should I use? I've benchmarked before, but not on Mac.