Post your Theme! (PowerPC)

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by AmazingHenry, May 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. AmazingHenry macrumors 65816

AmazingHenry

With all the great themes out, I'm sure at least half of us are using one. Some may be using a combination. I thought that this may be a fun opportunity for us to share what theme(s) we're using. A few screenshots will do. :) I'll start.

On my G5, I'm using iLeopard and iOX. iLeopard tones down the colors, and iOX makes all the icons more colorful! Nice balance! :D
    Picture 3.png Picture 4.png

My iBook G4 is mainly being used for testing out my Leopard install with updates 'n' apps, but at the moment I have LeopardRebirth and iOX, which looks REALLY GOOD! :D

Picture 1-1.png

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

3. AmazingHenry thread starter macrumors 65816

AmazingHenry

Why Yosemite? The Mac Pro should be able to handle El Cap or Sierra, and you get the additional features and stability...

If you must use something out of date, make it Mavericks because it has the better UI. :D

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

One specific reason…

InDesign.png

If this breaks because I updated I'm screwed. Adobe CC 2017 is bloated and InDesign slows to a crawl. Second, my coworker on her G5 needs to be able to open and edit my documents if there is a need for that.

Maybe. But Mavericks also has a SMB bug. That bug causes InDesign to fail to save a document to the server after 24 hours. ID tells you it can't communicate with the server then quits. Any changes you may have made are gone. The only solution is to either restart or disconnect all server shares and reload them.

That gets to be a very big PITA every day. Yosemite fixed the SMB bug.

There is a workaround on Mavericks - if you feel like connecting to the server using SMB1 rather than the faster SMB2 protocol.

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

PowerMac G5 Quad: Black OSX Theme with Black Gloss Dock/Icons.

Finder.png

Oh yeah…my dock…

Finder.png

6. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Woah, that's your dock?!

[​IMG]

You must have some serious muscle memory or the magnification set to max. :D

7. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

LOL!

Yes, it's set to max, but I only use it if I can't recall the name of an app. Generally, I use Quicksilver to launch apps, open folders, etc.

I have appropriated the Spotlight command to call it.

8. AmazingHenry thread starter macrumors 65816

AmazingHenry

Decided to go themeless for awhile. I really have no preference when it comes to themes, I just like something new. About once a week I change the theme. This week it's how Apple designed it. :)
    Picture 3.png

9. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

17" PowerBook G4 1.0Ghz with Black Mac OS X and Black Gloss.

Magnifique.png

10. AmazingHenry thread starter macrumors 65816

AmazingHenry

Wanted to have LeopardRebirth, but, as I said before, I like to change themes, so I couldn't do a full installation. Instead, I just installed ArtFile, SArtFile, and Extras. No icons or dock changes (which is how I like it).

Picture 1.png

Per request I'll upload the three files to Google drive and put download links here. Or you could extract them yourself. File paths to install them in:
    ArtFile and SArtFile: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreUI.framework/Versions/A/Resources/

11. Eightbitgamer757 macrumors newbie

Eightbitgamer757

Ibook G4 running os x 10.4.11 with Tiger Sierra theme ver. 2.0 used to have ver 1.0 by @AmazingHenry but started surfing macrumors forums and found ver 2.0 Got ver 1.0 from PPCAppStore. Tiger Sierra Theme.png