Post your typing speed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GfPQqmcRKUvP, Jun 24, 2009.

1. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

http://www.iphonetypingtest.com/

This is site that allows you to either take their own quick tests or just allows you to free type and measures the speed of that.

I think it would be better if we all took their tests (not free type) and posted what our scores are. Since the tests are so short make sure to do a couple and do an average (or just a mental average if you're lazy) and post back here with what you get. This thread will serve as a basis of comparison between iPhone owners and as an informational thread for potential iPhone owners who want to see WPM stats if typing speed is one of their buying criteria.

Type Away. :)

2. MEJHarrison macrumors 6502

I did a few and averaged about 35 words a minute more or less.

3. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

Not bad I guess, although I'm sure people out there are quicker than I am... :)

[​IMG]

4. GfPQqmcRKUvP thread starter macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Two people? That's it? For all the talk about virtual vs. physical keyboards I'd have thought that people would be interested in how fast other people are at it.

I'm averaging about 55 with a mistake or two.

5. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

It's impossible to do in landscape since you have to scroll up to see the text. I got 32 words per minute while having to scroll up 2-3 times to see the sentence. They need to fix their site so I can get a better idea.

6. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

I took about 10 of those tests, and I got an average of about 62, not bad. :D

7. GfPQqmcRKUvP thread starter macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Try it in portrait mode. Then we know everyone is doing it one way.

8. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

I get about 40-50 wpm. Averaging about 45-47. I don't think it is that hard to type on the iPhone personally, especially after learning to trust the device's ability to know what you are typing.

And I thought I'd be excited about the landscape keyboard, but instead I rarely use it. I find it a little harder to type with, personally.