Post your UNLIMITED data usage HERE!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iCrosoft, May 11, 2012.

1. iCrosoft, May 11, 2012
    Last edited: May 23, 2012

iCrosoft macrumors regular

iCrosoft

27.914GB with 8 days left in my billing cycle. I don't abuse it.

2. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

3. iCrosoft thread starter macrumors regular

iCrosoft

Because mobile network carriers claim this:

"Over 90% of our customers use less than 2 GB per month. So the $30 / 2 GB Data Package is usually more than enough. With Wi-Fi® functionality on most devices and our data usage monitoring tools, there shouldn’t be any surprises at the end of the month."

4. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Well I'm not one to generalize, but I can pretty much guarantee you that the total membership of the iPad forum on macrumors doesn't amount to anywhere near 10% of all iPad data users. So if you're looking to prove the carriers wrong, it ain't happening with 500 replies to your question, and you're not even gonna get that.

5. iCrosoft thread starter macrumors regular

iCrosoft

Why don't you just post your usage?

6. samxool macrumors member

i agree. Most people don't go anywhere near the 2gb limit.

7. iCrosoft thread starter macrumors regular

iCrosoft

Most people don't have unlimited data.

8. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Wirelessly posted

This isn't the first thread about this. Search.

9. iCrosoft thread starter macrumors regular

iCrosoft

Found a poll but it seems most/all of the people were on tiered plans. Guess I'll change this one for unlimited data users only...

10. reclusive46, May 12, 2012
    Last edited: May 12, 2012

reclusive46 macrumors 65816

reclusive46

Not in the US anyway...

In the UK we have 4 networks (2 Mvnos and 2 major networks) that offer Unlimited data (Two of them tethering)

9GB this month for me. 7GB tethered and 2Gb on the phone itself.

11. Bearxor macrumors 6502a

Unlimited data for the iPad was only available for like a month.

12. JasonBare macrumors member

JasonBare

13. bubbaba macrumors newbie

3.4 gb total since launch day. Unlimited data plan since launch of Ipad 1. Don't feel the need anymore to use excessively, just use what I need.

14. sekazi macrumors 6502

If I turn off WiFi and use My3G so I can download app updates I use up to 3.5GB a month. With WiFi I can barely hit 750MB.

Current useage

iPad = 197 MB used / 1851 MB left for 21 days
    iPhone = 119.12 MB of Unlimited (4 of 31 days)

15. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

16. rkahl, May 13, 2012
    Last edited: May 13, 2012

rkahl macrumors 65816

I'm around 10gb total since launch.
    I usually keep LTE on even in wifi areas too.

17. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

When I travel or am on location I use waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than 3GB in that month. Otherwise it's close to zero as it's all wifi. So I happily continue on my grandfathered unlimited plan.

18. aneftp macrumors 601

My 23 month kid just used 6GB data on my Verizon unlimited LTE iPad (Verizon doesn't audit micro sim swapping from LTE devices) in just 2 days while at the hotel watching kiddie shows.

19. JLee361 macrumors member

Where exactly can I find this info at? I tried looking on my iPad at the account in Settings and on the AT&T iPad landing website but it says nothing on data usage. It only says DOM Unlimited for 30 days.

20. whynotgotovegas macrumors member

To all of the people saying that the average person doesn't even hit 2GB, I believe they are wrong. For example, my mother and father both have smartphones, and my mom has her unlimited plan grandfathered in. She has the 4S, and easily hits 10GB a month. She uses aol radio (slacker) in the car and at the gym. My dad hits at least hit 4GB cap but that's also because he uses 4G on his Droid Razr. (to all the apple fans like me, he regrets buying it..he wants an iPhone haha). Not trying to make an argument with anyone though either haha. Oh, I almost forgot...I only use about 1GB a month because I am on wifi most of the time and I'm capped at 2GB :(. Stupid Verizon

21. Scuba-EMT macrumors regular

Scuba-EMT

2.3 GB down
    118 MB up

Fairly normal for me...

----------

Settings, usage, cellular data, that will give you your usage

22. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I'm sorry if this comes as a surprise to some, but capped cellular data plans and media streaming just don't mix. You bought a SmartCar and want to tow a trailer. The solution is simple. Don't stream. :rolleyes:

23. tmarks11 macrumors 6502a

4.6 GB since launch.

I like that I have unlimited data plan grandfathered, but don't abuse it.

I have averaged maybe 1 GB a month since Ibought my iPad1, but felt the extra $5 a month extra (over the old 2 GB data plan) was worth it to keep the plan alive for the past 2 years.

Now with 4G data, I am glad I did.

24. iCrosoft, May 14, 2012
    Last edited: May 14, 2012

iCrosoft thread starter macrumors regular

iCrosoft

Are you on AT&T?

I find it odd that some people feel guilty for legally using a service that they are paying for. That's like paying for cable tv and limiting yourself to a few shows a day because you "don't want to abuse it".

You as a consumer have rights, exercise them; otherwise companies will take advantage of you and they feel absolutely no guilt in doing so. A company is just that, an entity; it has no feelings.

The only way one would be abusing the service is if the contract is for personal use and it was being utilized for commercial purposes.

25. tmarks11 macrumors 6502a

Only my opinion, but I feel people streaming 15+ gb a month are abusng their service. I strongly believe if a lot of folks hadn't gone crazy with the AT&T unlimited right out of the gate, maybe ATT wouldn't have dropped the plan so fast.

Another way to abuse the service: jailbreak, and use your iPad as a hot spot for all the other computers in your house, racking up unbelievable data usage.

No guilt, only the feeling of being responsible for my actions. If I go to a buffet, I don't pig out just because it says "all you can eat".