Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lotso

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2010
OC, California
You can use the ImageShack iPhone app to upload a picture to ImageShack.com. Then you can take the URL from ImageShack and use that to upload your image. I'm not sure if the iPhone app lowers the res, your going to have to test that out on your own. ;)

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
If you have a photobucket account, you could also use the photobucket app. Then paste the resulting url between the

Philalbe

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2010
Greater Boston Area
I've run into that same problem as well. There's been times I've wanted to upload a photo to macrumors or facebook from my iPad but it's as if the site doesn't recognize the ipad as a computer and therefore won't allow you to browse and upload images. Strange. I wonder if that's something that could be addressed with an iPad software update?

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I've run into that same problem as well. There's been times I've wanted to upload a photo to macrumors or facebook from my iPad but it's as if the site doesn't recognize the ipad as a computer and therefore won't allow you to browse and upload images. Strange. I wonder if that's something that could be addressed with an iPad software update?

iPad has a closed file system, so it doesn't allow you to browse for files like a computer. Yes, this can be enabled by a software fix, but Apple isn't likely to do that anytime soon, because their entire philosophy with regard to iPads is to keep the file system closed.

radiohed

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2007
Portland, ME
It would be nice if the photo app on the ipad had the publish to facebook option like iphoto has. That will probably happen eventually. The ability to upload images for forums etc would be great too! :)

eagleglen

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Would someone mind explaining how you upload pictures here to MacRumors using MobileMe? Do you copy the web page's URL when in MobileMe? I tried and pasted it between img tags, but it didn't show up when I previewed the post.

Thanks for your help..

Ganges

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2010
Closed file system Huh. I'm new to Apple products, and the mighty Jobs, but i'm finding difficult to gasp this whole concept of being told by Apple how I can use a $700 product I had to purchase. Didn't Apple have a big fancy superbowl commercial in 1984 showing how it was a anti conformist company? Why must I now conform?

Yeah, here it is....... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYecfV3ubP8 So what the hell happened Steve?

ChrisGonzales90

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2010
Hillsboro, Oregon USA.
Again its not apple. This board software as with all board software is designed to really work on a actual computer.

Though I agree that the iPhone, iPods and iPad should have it so when you hook it up you can easy add, remove and view its files. May be not the system files but user files.

doodude

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2009
pssst, look behind you...
Closed file system Huh. I'm new to Apple products, and the mighty Jobs, but i'm finding difficult to gasp this whole concept of being told by Apple how I can use a $700 product I had to purchase.

Im just play devils advocate, but did you "have" to purchase a $700 product?

I have an older iMac, its a lovely blue one, & I have 2 iPads & an iPhone that I love, but I just cant deal with the closed system mentality of Apple so I have PC's...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.