Power button lower on left side?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by asenna, Oct 30, 2012.

1. asenna macrumors newbie

I know that loose power buttons are normal as long as they are not too loose but what about buttons that are lightly lower on one side when you look it at from the front? My button has great feedback and works fine just wondering if everyone elses is the same. Its as if you can make the button see-saw on a middle pivot and it can be lower on one side and higher on the other. Mine prefers to lean on the left side which side does yours lean on? :)

2. Merkie macrumors 68020

3. Alveezy macrumors regular

I'm not sure if i had the same problem but after 5 weeks of having the iPhone 5 since release day...the power/lock/sleep button stopped working on the righ-edge corner. i have to press more towards the left-edge corner for the phone to lock/sleep. this was happening during my 1 week vacay in cali, so i went ahead and put in appointment with the genius bar to see what's up because i dealt with the problem for about 2-3 days. on the day that i got it checked in, the genius bar personnel checked it and i also checked out the phones in the store to see if they had the same issue but they didn't. my phone definitely had a malfunctioning power/lock/sleep button. the genius bar personnel then documented the issue and wrote "semi-stuck power/lock/sleep button" on the invoice. with that said, i got it replaced with a brand spanking new iPhone 5 with a much more sturdier and clickier power/lock/sleep button.

So if your not satisfied with your phone, i highly suggest that you check out the genius bar. i'm most likely blaming the problem that i have due it being the "first batch" of iPhone 5's. I learned my lesson this time to not get the "first batch" of new iPhone's haha!