Power Mac G4 AGP Graphics Best Upgrade. Good and bad news.

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Gionnimata, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Gionnimata macrumors newbie

Best upgrade, in this case: NT MaxPower 7448 Single 1.6 Ghz, 2 GB RAM, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128 MB, 128 GB SSD and DVD DL on Sonnet SATA card, second ATA HD Maxtor 320 GB 7200 rpm partitioned into two (Time Machine and emergency Boot), Sonnet USB 2 card, Adaptec SCSI card. Mac OS X 10.5.8. The good news: CPU Price: 177 USD, GPU price: 134 AUD both new and fully functional, with ATI driver CD (control panel Monitor). Antec EW ATX 430W Power Supply. The replacement power supply is much more simple than you say... I will explain to the parties concerned. The bad news: dropped frames in the movies (both DVD to Apple Movie Trailers ) disk permissions permanently and severely wrong. To see all the 320 GB I installed SpeedTools ATA Hi-Cap Driver for Mac. Any ideas?

2. Gionnimata thread starter macrumors newbie

First I apologize for my bad english. Second, I try to do the simplest of questions: is normal, with architecture that, having dropped frames when watching DVD movies? is normal to have fixed frames in the vision of Apple Movie Trailers in HD 720p? is normal to have many different types of errors occur in the disk permissions after a clean install of Leopard and the 10.5.8 combo? I hope I am not the only one having these problems.

3. goMac macrumors 603

Neither sounds normal. The DVD player especially should not be dropping frames. But I'd have to question why you're going through all these upgrades/troubleshooting when it would just be easier to get a new machine.

4. Gionnimata, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2012

Gionnimata thread starter macrumors newbie

I never thought ... I ran out and bought a new Mac on which to use my SCSI scanner Umax Transparency A4 ... and unsubscribe from this forum.