Power supply

macjolt

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
40
0
Philadelphia, PA
So my puppy chewed on the power supply cable for my rMBP. It seems to charge but the few seconds I had it plugged in it sparks a couple of times. My question is, if I wrap it in electrical tape to keep it from sparking, would there be any adverse effects as far as battery on the rMBP go?
 

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
44,420
759
So my puppy chewed on the power supply cable for my rMBP. It seems to charge but the few seconds I had it plugged in it sparks a couple of times. My question is, if I wrap it in electrical tape to keep it from sparking, would there be any adverse effects as far as battery on the rMBP go?
I recommend getting a new one to avoid any potential damage to your Mac.
 

maflynn

Moderator
Staff member
May 3, 2009
65,618
31,738
Boston
It might work, but it may short out as well. I'd recommend you get a new one, just to be safe