Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I love the Power Support Air Jacket case for my iPhone 5 and the Air Jacket Solo and Duet cases for iPad Air were released recently:

http://www.powersupportintl.com/iPad-Air-accessories-s/1861.htm

I'm wondering if anyone has got this yet and could share their opinion of it? Or is anyone aware of any reviews (preferably video) available online?

Thanks

Also would love to hear reviews. Looks great but the price is a little out there for what it is.

rcw2012

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
Also would love to hear reviews. Looks great but the price is a little out there for what it is.

True although the case does come with a screen protector as well which retails for a pretty high price when sold seperately.

eggersj

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2008
I'll be getting mine tomm... Will post pics and impressions...

I've had the air jacket on my MBA since 2012. Great product that adds absolutely minimal weight... Hopefully it's as good and light for my ipad air...
Stay tuned!

rcw2012

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
I'll be getting mine tomm... Will post pics and impressions...

I've had the air jacket on my MBA since 2012. Great product that adds absolutely minimal weight... Hopefully it's as good and light for my ipad air...
Stay tuned!

Great, look forward to seeing what you think of it. Which version are you getting out of interest?

eggersj

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2008
Great, look forward to seeing what you think of it. Which version are you getting out of interest?

I got the air jacket solo...

I'm in DC and I missed the mail guy today due to snow. The case is sitting on my desk at work. I'll post impressions and pics tomm for you guys. Sorry for the delay!

LevMac

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2008
QLD, Australia
Any reviews on this yet?

Thinking about getting this instead, as I just received my Switcheasy Cover Buddy and don't really like the build quality, the iPad actually moves ever so slightly in it!

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Are you kidding me? 49.95 for a clear piece of plastic? I got a Caudabe Shell for 17.95 recently and it accomplishes the exact same thing. the prices people will pay just completely shock me sometimes.....

eggersj

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2008
Got my Air Jacket today and threw it on. It is the same exact quality as the one on my MBA. ITS GREAT. Fits like a glove and is light as a feather. Plus, it's a looker.

Here's some pics for you guys:

743afa73a275dbc654ca834295c96feb_zps4fe2ea44.jpg

571f10564d6ef6dceecea07a57521a32_zps0acc1c7c.jpg

f9aec3686f029e56f801752dc5e20c57_zpsd8d4a2ab.jpg

rcw2012

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
Thanks for sharing the photo's - looks great! I ordered the Air Jacket Duet as I use the Smart Cover so just need to wait for delivery.

eggersj

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2008
Are you kidding me? 49.95 for a clear piece of plastic? I got a Caudabe Shell for 17.95 recently and it accomplishes the exact same thing. the prices people will pay just completely shock me sometimes.....

Well, then you'll hate their MacBook shells @ $74.99 :D

rcw2012

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
Well my Air Jacket Duet clear case arrived and one word - wow! Absolutely love the case - it's extremely light, fits perfectly with the smart cover, and is beautifully clear so I can enjoy the iPad Air without feeling like I am covering it up. I also applied the included screen protector and I'm incredibly impressed with it aswell.

I had the Belkin Sheer Matte case on previously and while that was good this one is in a different league! I know it's expensive compared to others but in my opinion it's worth every penny.

Here's a quick pic:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 901

eggersj

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2008
Well my Air Jacket Duet clear case arrived and one word - wow! Absolutely love the case - it's extremely light, fits perfectly with the smart cover, and is beautifully clear so I can enjoy the iPad Air without feeling like I am covering it up. I also applied the included screen protector and I'm incredibly impressed with it aswell.

I had the Belkin Sheer Matte case on previously and while that was good this one is in a different league! I know it's expensive compared to others but in my opinion it's worth every penny.

Here's a quick pic:

Glad to hear you like it better than the belkin. That's the one I was comparing to the PSUPPORT air jacket. I agree that the quality is secos to none. It's surprising how nice they can make a piece of plastic! Plus no dust or dirt has got into my solo after almost a week... Pretty impressive!

Nice pics RCW!

LevMac

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2008
QLD, Australia
Thanks for the photos and reviews guys.

I ended up purchasing the SwitchEasy Cover Buddy for my iPad Air, I don't mind it, it does have very very slight movement inside the case itself, by a 1mm so I'm thinking about getting this Power Support one instead, its a nice tight fit right?

eggersj

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2008
Thanks for the photos and reviews guys.

I ended up purchasing the SwitchEasy Cover Buddy for my iPad Air, I don't mind it, it does have very very slight movement inside the case itself, by a 1mm so I'm thinking about getting this Power Support one instead, its a nice tight fit right?

Oh yeah... There's no movement at all

----------

Looks nice, but clear shells tend to scratch so easily.

I've had their shell on my MBA since '11 and it's been taken to school, thrown on the granite counter, traveled to the west coast, Miami, Chicago and looks almost new... They have this "self healing coating" which sounds gimmicky, but actually does something. YMMV

LevMac

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2008
QLD, Australia
Do you fit the Smart Cover side of the iPad Air in first when your inserting the iPad into this case? Then snap the right hand side in? Or right hand side first?

rcw2012

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
Do you fit the Smart Cover side of the iPad Air in first when your inserting the iPad into this case? Then snap the right hand side in? Or right hand side first?

For the Duet it's Smart Cover left hand side first then snap the right hand side in. Assume it's the same for the Solo.

LevMac

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2008
QLD, Australia
For the Duet it's Smart Cover left hand side first then snap the right hand side in. Assume it's the same for the Solo.

Thanks for that :)

Just ordered mine! Like I said, I received my SwitchEasy Cover Buddy which is very similar to this Power Support one, but its not that great quality and it moves by like a 1mm which I'm not happy with!

Looking forward to getting my Power Support Air Jacket :)

Now to decide which colour Smart Cover lol

rcw2012

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
Thanks for that :)

Just ordered mine! Like I said, I received my SwitchEasy Cover Buddy which is very similar to this Power Support one, but its not that great quality and it moves by like a 1mm which I'm not happy with!

Looking forward to getting my Power Support Air Jacket :)

Now to decide which colour Smart Cover lol

No problem. Be interested to see how you find it compares with the SwitchEasy as they do look similar from the pics I've seen of it.

rcw2012

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
Looks nice, but clear shells tend to scratch so easily.

Seen as this was mentioned I thought it worth replying to say that nearly 2 months on since I got this case I have yet to get a single scratch on it. I am fairly careful with it but the iPad comes to the office with me twice a week and is used by my young kids so it's well used in different environments.

The supposed "self healing coating" these cases are meant to have may actually be making a difference! :)

beeinformed

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
Seen as this was mentioned I thought it worth replying to say that nearly 2 months on since I got this case I have yet to get a single scratch on it. I am fairly careful with it but the iPad comes to the office with me twice a week and is used by my young kids so it's well used in different environments.

The supposed "self healing coating" these cases are meant to have may actually be making a difference! :)

I wish to purchase the Power Support air Jacket but would appreciate some info about it, particularly does the included screen protecter diminish in any way the iPad's screen, is the jacket easy to put on and/or remove and are the sides,top and bottom covered?

Thanks so much for your input!

rcw2012

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2012
I wish to purchase the Power Support air Jacket but would appreciate some info about it, particularly does the included screen protecter diminish in any way the iPad's screen, is the jacket easy to put on and/or remove and are the sides,top and bottom covered?

The included screen protector is crystal clear and Power Support make some of the best protectors. If you can get it on with no trapped dust (which can be tricky due to the iPad's screen size) then you should barely notice its on at all.

The case is pretty easy to get on and off and is easier than the iPhone 5 version I have. It covers all sides including top and bottom as per the pics in the previous posts.

LevMac

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2008
QLD, Australia

Very happy with my PowerSupport Air Jacket :) like I mentioned in my previous post, I originally purchased the SwitchEasy CoverBuddy (clear) and it had little imperfections and wasn't a "tight" fit as it moved around very very slightly

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.