Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Moo-Boo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Greetings, friends.

Just a quick topic I present for your consideration...

Does anyone know of any plans to get around the lack of upgradability of the PowerBook G3 Pismo's vram? It's only 8 mb, and there has to be SOME way of replacing it or adding another at least 8 mb. I still think the Pismo was the finest laptop Apple ever produced, and it's a crying shame that such a crucial component to running OS X successfully cannot be upgraded.

I won't go as far to say that I dislike Apple, but I am rather miffed with them at this particular point in time.

Thank you for reading my rant and adding your valuable input.

Matt

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2002
Alameda, CA
Moo-Boo said:
I still think the Pismo was the finest laptop Apple ever produced, and it's a crying shame that such a crucial component to running OS X successfully cannot be upgraded.

OS X runs perfectly well on a Pismo.

daveg5

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2001
Pc card means expandabilty

http://www.villagetronic.com has a 32MB pccard based video card with full OS9 ad OSX video support. supports 2d only in OS9 and Open GL 2D and 3D support in OSX. of course its not for 3d games but should be better than the 8MB card. it also supprts the 23"apple cinema display with adapter.
you can also add firewire 800-400 usb2-card readers etc if you have a pc card slot. hopefully Apple will add them to the 12" powerbook and the Imac in future versions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.