PowerBook G4 17 - Laptop bag?

Azeroth1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
I just picked up a PowerBook 17. I used to have one way back when and I want to take a drive down nostalgia road (used to play WoW in my old 1ghz when it launched actually too heh).

in any event, I want to pick up a laptop case for it. I used to have a custom slim case for my old one but can’t recall manufacturer just that it was green. Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks.

RhianB

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2016
505 USA
For basic personal around town traveling, I use a Generic neoprene sleeve and drop it into a backpack.

If I’m on local business, I use a generic over the shoulder leather messenger bag - around 20” width & if Im flying I use the big brother to Solo’s 15.6” premium rolling laptop bag. Unfortunately I don’t think they make that larger size (iirc it’s 18” wide about) anymore but something of a similar build would work & provides good protection (along with a neoprene sleeve) in & out of airports & fits in overhead storage.

bobesch

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2015
Kiel, Germany
I just picked up a PowerBook 17. I used to have one way back when and I want to take a drive down nostalgia road (used to play WoW in my old 1ghz when it launched actually too heh).
in any event, I want to pick up a laptop case for it. I used to have a custom slim case for my old one but can’t recall manufacturer just that it was green. Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks.
You're looking for something like this?
Neopren Sleeve Powerbook.png
I remember them being sold in green color too ...

Personally I've got a 17" laptop-backpack from Fjällräven. I like it's minimalistic design, the fabric and the boxy-shape that may swallow bigger folders or beamer&stuff or personal belongings on a trip...
But padding of the laptop-pocket is pretty lousy at the bottom and the edges, which caused some damage on my 15" intel MBP4,1 recently 😳 (unfortunately that Tucano neopren-sleeve wouldn't have done any better in that particular situation ...)

Last edited:
Reactions: RhianB