PowerBook G4 500...any takers?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 1 (Posts count)' started by eyelikeart, Apr 29, 2002.

  1. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus


    Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    Rev. A PowerBook G4...

    500 Mhz
    384 MB RAM
    8 MB VRAM
    30 gig IBM Travelstar hd
    OS 9.2 & OS 10.1.4 fully updated
    Still under warranty

    I have babied this thing....it's in almost new shape!

    any questions either email, PM me or post them here...
  2. iGav macrumors G3

    Mar 9, 2002
    Ha Ha!! U beat me to it.... I was considering getting rid of my Rev A 500 too!!

    Then decided that.... no alas... my new mac has to wait until Feb 03....... I've got to hold firm on this!!

    Oh well...... :rolleyes:
  3. britboy macrumors 68030


    Nov 4, 2001
    Kent, UK
    ha ha ha

    i wish i could do the same. I'll just have to make do with a 512mb ram upgrade to tie me over to sometime mid-2003. Then i'll be in the market again.

    In the meantime, i'll just drool.... :p
  4. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus


    Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    I'm making a lateral jump into 667...

    I figure between the faster processor, faster bus, L3 cache, upgraded video...I'll be set...he he he :p
  5. AlphaTech macrumors 601


    Oct 4, 2001
    Natick, MA
    I'm looking to sell my PowerBook G4 500 as well.. with the GB of RAM, and such. For the right price, I will also toss in the 60GB hard drive.

    Anyone interested????

    I will also toss in the Brenthaven backpack carrier for it that has done so well for me. OS 9.2.2, as well as 10.1.4 will be installed. I will send the admin password on a slip o paper with it, so that the buyer can do whatever they want to it.

    Brief spec's of PowerBook
    G4 500MHz
    20GB Hard drive
    1GB RAM
    DVD-Rom drive

    Accepting all offers/bids for this. 60GB IBM Travelstar will cost you more (bought it brand new this year for about $450).
  6. digital1 macrumors 6502


    Jan 2, 2002
    Both of you guys! How much are you selling your G4 500 laptops for? What does it all include? What price range are you looking for?
  7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

    Mr. Anderson

    Nov 1, 2001
    I find it odd that a lot of us are waiting until Feb, O3 to make the move to a new machine. Mine most likely will be the pro desktop then. I'd love to have a new TiPB, but I already have the 667, so it doesn't make sense (financially) to make the move.

    So why are some of you waiting till 03?
  8. MacAztec macrumors 68040


    Oct 28, 2001
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Alpha...I would like that one. Maybe for 1800? And eye, maybe 1700?

Share This Page