Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bali Cockfight

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 17, 2002
Chi Town
I have a powerbook G4 867mhz running Tiger. I downloaded the lastest iStat Pro from the widget store and the HD temps have steadily increased in the last month. In the past, my PB ran as hot a 102º but lately iStat has been telling me it is running sometimes as hot as 117º. Should I be worried? Is this iStat update reliable for a Powerbook and made more for the MacBooks?

Thanks for any help.

noodle654

macrumors 68020
Jun 2, 2005
Never Ender
I have a powerbook G4 867mhz running Tiger. I downloaded the lastest iStat Pro from the widget store and the HD temps have steadily increased in the last month. In the past, my PB ran as hot a 102º but lately iStat has been telling me it is running sometimes as hot as 117º. Should I be worried? Is this iStat update reliable for a Powerbook and made more for the MacBooks?

Thanks for any help.

117 degrees is not that hot...wait for an old PPC maybe it is. I think iStat might be a little wrong. Are you running anything that is CPU demanding in the background?

Bali Cockfight

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 17, 2002
Chi Town
117 degrees is not that hot...wait for an old PPC maybe it is. I think iStat might be a little wrong. Are you running anything that is CPU demanding in the background?

Nope, sometimes it just sits idle and it still registers at 115º. It was never this hot before though. Just in last month has the temp gone up.

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2004
117 degrees is nothing at all to worry about (assuming we're talking Fahrenheit). My iBook G4 usually runs 110-130 normally and 150 before the fans kick on, so it's no big deal really.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.