Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steven1621

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2003
Connecticut
I plan on buying a new 15 in powerbook for next school year. In comtemplating my purchase, I have to pose the question: Do you think that their will be another upgrade/speedbump/improvement to the PB line before June of 2004. I really want my PB now, and if there won't be anychange in the line, I might as well just get it right now. If there is an upgrade, it would behoove me to wait.

So what does everyone thing? Not to start off more PB rumors, but do you think apple will upgrace them in the near future?

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2003
i'm sure there'll be an upgrade before next summer. at least a speed bump.

if you want one and think you will make a good use out of it, get one now and start enjoying it.

you will never have the latest and the greatest for more than a few month.

Prabz

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2003
Meri PHILLY meri jaan!
Originally posted by Steven1621
So what does everyone thing? Not to start off more PB rumors, but do you think apple will upgrace them in the near future?
Oh...maybe.
..but I really do 'thing' it would behoove you to do a quick search on the topic before commencing with a new thread...:rolleyes:

here's where you can start:

>>>> click here <<<<

Haha...

No, seriously.

Here's where you should start:

>>>> click here again <<<<

Remember That:D

Anyway, here's my two cents, kiddo:
¢ one: Apple might have an update-of-sorts to its PB line (perhaps a speed upgrade etc) at the upcoming MacWorld Expo, early January 2004
¢ two: If not, then there probably should be a PB revision anyway by June 2004, according their average cycle of release.

And that's that!

It's now up to you to decide if you want to wait or.. ..oh what is this I see?! Aha! ...another penny to spare! Guess you're in LUCK, Steve :p

Okay, so here's one last tid-bit:
¢ three: Most probably the screen issues with the PowerBookz would have been cleared up by then too!!

My best wishes to ya,
Prabz

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.