Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
hhmmm... i haven't lost any. i do remember there were some other threads around, but i don't know if they only apply for the TiBooks. i hope you have a good friend at an Apple store somewhere, i'm pretty sure they've got spares that you'd be able to use.

Finiksa

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2003
Australia
I know two people with AL Powerbooks and neither have lost any feet from theirs.

However, I have an iBook and have lost three of the feet. Went into an Apple reseller cost $10 for a pack of 4 replacements.

stevehaslip

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2004
The Ocean Floor
i think i've read that if you just go in to an apple store and ask the genius then he will fit them for free, i wouldnt just walk in and ask though be crafty about it! ;)

Coolvirus007

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2004
Tokyo
When I went to the apple store, the guy at the bar offered to replace the rubber feet for me for free when I went to have the ram cover plate screws loosened (i bought crucial ram and the memory plate was too hard to open).

yinyang

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2003
sunny brisbane
i think if you do a search on ebay for powerbookfootguy (or something similar) he selle replacement feet, though apparenlty not for the newest AlBooks!

good luck!

keysersoze

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
NH
yinyang said:
i think if you do a search on ebay for powerbookfootguy (or something similar) he selle replacement feet, though apparenlty not for the newest AlBooks!

good luck!

Agreed. I've seen some on eBay-- both the original feet as well as "New and Improved" 3rd Party feet. Seems its a common problem. I think they were under your $10 limit. Just ebay it.

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
I called and got them from apple tech support. I had to seriously beg for them, though, and they did end up charging me. I'm not sure it was $10. Maybe more like $5. I've also heard you can get them at Radio Shack for much less.

Celeron

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2004
AL-FAMOUS said:
IF YOU WANT THE BEST YOUR GUNNA HAVE TO PAY...I AGREE 10 IS EXPENSIVE FOR 4 TINY BITS OF RUBBER...BUT THIS ISNT PCS WERE TALKING ABOUT IS IT

Stop yelling...

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2003
mine started to come off after 10 months or so. i yanked all of them myself and glued them back on with superglue. no problems since.

i highly recommend everyone do the same to avoid losing any of them...

michaelrjohnson

macrumors 68020
Aug 9, 2000
I just bought my new PowerBook 2 days ago, and I will be buying 3rd Party RAM soon enough, but I went to look at the RAM plate on the bottom of my machine, and one of the screws is stripped! I dont' know how the heck they're going to get it open, but I'm going to ask for a set of replacement screws for my RAM plate! :)

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
yinyang said:

good luck!

i purchased these feet from this ebay seller and was totally dissatisfied. the feet sold are not even close to the stock feet on my powerbook. they're home-made and sloppily cut - much thicker than the stock feet, and they did not fit into the recessed hole on the bottom of my powerbook as promised. and the seller charges $2.00 for shipping, then sends them to you via first class mail in a plain envelope with a $.37 stamp - the shipping charge is clear in the auction, so that's fine, but i just have a problem with being so clearly INTENTIONALLY charged more on the shipping than is needed. i sell stuff on ebay and don't try to make a profit on shipping. but to each her own.

i will say that when i expressed my dissatisfaction, the seller was quick to provide a refund. i returned the feet, no problem. but i wouldn't recommend buying these if you are looking for an exact match to the stock feet on your powerbook. i'm probably pretty picky, but i didn't want ugly feet on my powerbook.

marianne

sandman2004

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2004
Ebay Powerbook Feet

I tried the feet from Powerbookfootguy and am very happy with them.

They look almost exactly like Apple feet once you glue them on with superglue. They are a little taller which seems to help my PB cooling fan. The fan rarely comes on now and the feet haven't come off yet - It's been over 4 months since I put them on.

For $6.95 buy it now they're a good deal.

Cordless_Drill

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2004
Montgomery, Ala., USA
I used to struggle with the feet on my Pismo ...

Until one day I went into a furniture store and bought some serious feet. These puppies were 1/2 inch high. I superglued them on. They were awesome. They gripped really well and they never so much as bend, much less come off.

They are ugly as sin, but who the heck sees the bottom of a PowerBook?

When these feet (15/1.33) start acting up, I'll prolly do the same thing. More clearance under the box means more air flow and less heat. Not a bad deal...

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
AL-FAMOUS said:
IF YOU WANT THE BEST YOUR GUNNA HAVE TO PAY...I AGREE 10 IS EXPENSIVE FOR 4 TINY BITS OF RUBBER...BUT THIS ISNT PCS WERE TALKING ABOUT IS IT
What is with the yelling?! :eek:

Please turn off your CAPS LOCK.

Thanks!

Sushi

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.