Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hob

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
I'm not sure if 'redraw' is the correct term to use, but often when I scroll down in safari, i get fragments of text appearing in the wrong places. Taking a screenshot is impossible as when I do, it fixes itself! This is kinda similar to in MSN when I type a message and pixels from the text remain along the top of the text field...

Does anyone know what I'm talking about and/or how to fix it?

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Sounds like you're browsing a page that doesn't meet the Safari (version 1.0) compatibility test. Kinda reminds me of early versions of Mozilla (1.0, 1.1) that had this same type of problem with flash files, in which some of the flash file would be "glued" onto the window as I scrolled past it. But since then, Mozilla's flash compatibility has improved greatly.

So try another browser on those same pages in which the text problem occured.

Recommendations from myself and others (each of the latest version): Mozilla, Firefox, Camnio, OmniWeb

hob

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
Thanks King Cobra,

I just noticed that the 10.3.4 seed is meant to fix problems with redrawing... maybe that'll sort me...

Hob

titaniumducky

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2003
hob said:
I'm not sure if 'redraw' is the correct term to use, but often when I scroll down in safari, i get fragments of text appearing in the wrong places. Taking a screenshot is impossible as when I do, it fixes itself! This is kinda similar to in MSN when I type a message and pixels from the text remain along the top of the text field...

Does anyone know what I'm talking about and/or how to fix it?

I have this problem too! I fix it by highlighting. It doesn't bother me anymore.

I even get it in macrumors. Usually it's associated with scrolling.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.