Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
You hope? Aren't you the one that started multiple threads and said that the new powerbooks will definately have the Radeon Mobility 9000?

Aren't you the guy that knew it would come out late October?

EDIT: oh you just stated that the iBook will definitely get the Radeon 7500...all I can say is hopefull you're right.

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
Originally posted by King Cobra
Rumor has it that this rumor has already been discussed.

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11749

Actually Q-dawg, thats the wrong thread. That thread states the possibity of 1.2 GHz ti w/o any timeframe. The other thread (and the rumor was a japanese site, not Powerpage (yet)) stated the week of the next update, the third week in october. Even that rumor is already discussed here

Ah how ironic, that last post was mine. :eek: :eek:

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
I don't see how the threads (the one I mentioned above and the one that started this thread) are any different.

From Jeffx342's thread:

The PowerPage had the chance to catch up with a little bird this weekend that told us some interesting things about the new PowerBooks that will eventually replace the current 667/800 MHz models. A source confirmed that the DVD-R SuperDrive will finally squeeze into the svelte Titanium G4 enclosure. The coveted optical drive was put on a diet and has just been rubber stamped for inclusion on TiBook v.4 after losing about 2mm of height. SuperDrives may only appear in the high-end configuration, so start saving those nickles and dimes.

The good news is that the top end model could eclipse even the 1022 MHz PowerBook G4 mules in testing now. G4 silicon running as fast as 1200 MHz (1.2 GHz) has been spotted in the titanium enclosure. The new TiBook will reportedly feature a re-designed motherboard with native Bluetooth support and an updated cooling system. The jury is still out on whether audio and video will get a bump, but one thing's for sure, the new PowerBooks will only boot into Mac OS X.

From the thread I brought up:

Posted by "Macrumors":
PowerPage posts some rumors about even faster prototype Powerbooks.

The good news is that the top end model could eclipse even the 1022 MHz PowerBook G4 mules in testing now. G4 silicon running as fast as 1200 MHz (1.2 GHz) has been spotted in the titanium enclosure

They also report the new motherboards and built-in bluetooth will be featured... with OS X-only support. No time-frame is given, but if these follow Apple's OS X-Only timeline, it would be expected after Jan 2003.

The link to PowerPage goes to the same thread as Jeffx342 brought up:

The PowerPage had the chance to catch up with a little bird this weekend that told us some interesting things about the new PowerBooks that will eventually replace the current 667/800 MHz models. A source confirmed that the DVD-R SuperDrive will finally squeeze into the svelte Titanium G4 enclosure. The coveted optical drive was put on a diet and has just been rubber stamped for inclusion on TiBook v.4 after losing about 2mm of height. SuperDrives may only appear in the high-end configuration, so start saving those nickles and dimes.

The good news is that the top end model could eclipse even the 1022 MHz PowerBook G4 mules in testing now. G4 silicon running as fast as 1200 MHz (1.2 GHz) has been spotted in the titanium enclosure. The new TiBook will reportedly feature a re-designed motherboard with native Bluetooth support and an updated cooling system. The jury is still out on whether audio and video will get a bump, but one thing's for sure, the new PowerBooks will only boot into Mac OS X.

>That thread states the possibity of 1.2 GHz ti w/o any timeframe.

I just quoted both links to the same page. Maybe the MacRumors thread discussed something different, but my point is that the link to PowerPage and the topic it reflects has already been brought up.

As for your earlier thread, it is not the same information.

>(From the PowerPage website) SuperDrives may only appear in the high-end configuration, so start saving those nickles and dimes.

>(From the Excite translation of the Kodawarisan web page)
September 15, 2002[/U[
New PowerBook G4 will be announced next month at the 3rd week.
It seems that according to the information there is no case change with new PowerBook G4 of rumor large with the clock of 1Ghz/800Mhz, Superdrive of expectation is not built in, either, though regrettable, but it is announced by the outside attachment type option.

These two rumors are not the same and involve contrasting discussions about the Superdrive, as well as different clock speeds. So that rumor you were trying to point out is based on different information.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
a month away, or less, i can't wait...no matter how many rumors on the subject

a superdrive or new video card would be nice

1 ghz seems likely and the obvious upgrade for tibook

a new enclosure does not seem likely...and with its 1" thin enclosure, who would want to change it?

ok, making it 1.1" to fit superdrive;)

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Jeffx342,

I'm still waiting for your first rumor to come true before I evalute this one.

:p

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
Originally posted by Pismo
I hope it has a faster system bus and DDR. My Pismo is on its last leg.

even if it had all its legs, it's still a G3:p

it's crazy how something so state of the art like the pismo when it came out can be rendered obsolete when the tibook came out...i wonder what is next? there is no way to win, you buy something, and in six months, presto, it's yesterday's hot model

at least a new car keeps its state of the art look and feel for several years...but i don't want to go there with the car analogies...they are stupid...oops, i am the poster who started the car analogies in the first place on macrumors:p :eek: ;)

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
I can't stand car anlg.s either, because I really don't have even a solid ground knowledge on cars, specs, etc.

>oops, i am the poster who started the car analogies in the first place on macrumors:p :eek: ;)

I knew you were famous for starting something in public, pops! :D :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.