Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
I have a couple questions for any powermac/performa 61XX (pizza box) owners regarding linux support

(1) Do any of you run linux? I have found tuxppc which seems to be in a state of confusion right now (see TuxPPC website ) and Yellow Dog, which doesn't support the NuBus line of powermacs.

(2) Are there other flavors that will run on a powermac 6100 with Sonnet G3 upgrade?

(3) If you managed to get linux running, do you have Apache w/PHP and MySQL running and what steps did you take to get it running?

To make a very long story mediumly short, I am acquiring some left overs from my wifes school and wanted to set one up to be a simple webserver for my website. Its written using PHP and MySQL and I would love to get it up on my own "server." Since Mac OS X will NOT run on NuBus powermacs, I am stuck on linux, which I am OK with. However, after much googling I can't seem to find a solid resource for running linux on a 6100.

So if there are any of you out there, please do respond and include links if possible.

Thanks in advance,
JK

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.