Powermac G5 1.8 ghz DP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by masterjedi73, Jan 12, 2004.

  1. masterjedi73 macrumors 6502


    Jan 12, 2004
    I'm currently a Windows XP user. I'm very seriously considering a switch to Mac. I've been looking at the G5 1.8DP. Should I get this now ( I receive an education discount through Apple) or should I wait till the end of January? Do you think the prices on these will drop significantly?

    Any advice is welcome.

  2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus


    Mar 25, 2002
    London, England
    Wait until end of Jan, if nothing shows up, buy then.
  3. wizard macrumors 68040

    May 29, 2003
    Good advice is to be found below especially if you have access to a discount.

    Not only is the machine likely to be lower in cost there is a very good chance that it will not even exist. That is Apple may very well have a much faster model available as a replacement.

    As to waiting attempt to extend your patience beyond the end of the month. I'm thinking mid Feburary. Or until after IBM has publicly passed on details of their 90 nm technology. It is this technology that will be driving the Mac into the future.



Share This Page