Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dross

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2004
Bethesda, MD
This is realy odd. I am trying to print a power point presentation and my printer prints one blank page and then just craps out. I can print any other document I want. So I did a print preview and ... this is realy strange... the pages are blank but the thumb nail images of the pages to the right are correct.

I know it is a MicorScoff product but any ideas of what I have done wrong?

iSaint

macrumors 603
It's been awhile since I have worked with Powerpoint, but it sounds like you may have inadvertantly selected to print the notes with the thumbnails or something like that. Go to File>Print and there's options on what to print. Select Slides and you should be ready to go...

James L

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2004
Powerpoint rocks, and is still one of the few areas that M$ beats apple hands down.

When you open your print dialog box and just click print it should print one large slide per page. If you click copies and pages you will be presented with the standard print options, but also one called "Microsoft Powerpoint". This is where all of the print options for the slides are.

Hope this helps!

James

dross

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2004
Bethesda, MD
James L said:
Powerpoint rocks, and is still one of the few areas that M$ beats apple hands down.

When you open your print dialog box and just click print it should print one large slide per page. If you click copies and pages you will be presented with the standard print options, but also one called "Microsoft Powerpoint". This is where all of the print options for the slides are.

Hope this helps!

James

I have checked all the Microsoft PowerPoint options in the print window and I am defelty printing slides (1 to a page) and it is not working. It does not print when you chose handouts. I emaild i to a Window's friend and he could print it fine so I am still baffled? :confused: :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.