Pre-Order Crash?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TallManNY, Sep 9, 2013.

1. TallManNY macrumors 68040

TallManNY

How fast do you think the pre-order screens for iPhone 5C/5S crashes if China gets the phones on launch day and can log into same pre-order screen? I'm in the US and I'm guessing any late night pre-order launch time (which is normally midnight PDT) is going to be right in the middle of the day in China. And I'm guessing the scalpers/speculators will order as many phones as they can immediately.

I'm eligible for an upgraded phone, so besides just wanting the new 5S, I'd like to start the clock ticking on my next two year upgrade. So I'd like to order as soon as possible.

2. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

You have no chance. The Chines will have them all, yo

THEY WILL HAVE THEM ALL!!!

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Apple has had problems with online demand before this year so I don't think it is just because people in China will be able to order.

4. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

A billion people versus us? We lose. Better start camping out at the stores!

5. bozzykid macrumors 68020

So Apple is merging it's China online store with the US store? I highly doubt it.

6. TallManNY thread starter macrumors 68040

TallManNY

I wonder how the orders get processed on the backend. Yes the front end of the Apple store is different in China than the US, but does the back end order process stay separate?